Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

SLU is Killing It

SLU is just handling VCU right now. 32-11 as I post this. I posted this is another thread about SLU:

"I think out toughest game, at least at home as Butler will be tough on the road, will be the Billikens. SLU is on quite a tear right now pulling off seven straight wins and 6 straight by at least 10 points as of tonight. They have a big game at home vs VCU tomorrow night which I think they will win.

SLU is pretty deep too going a legit 9 deep. Two of their top 4 scorers come off the bench. SLU had a rough start to the season with Kwamain Mitchell missing the first 11 games and getting used to a new coach after Rick Majerus' leave and eventual death. SLU is on a roll now though and is ranked just outside of the top 25 at #26 in both polls."

The good thing for Xavier about playing SLU is that its at home. SLU is extremely tough at home (other than the URI abberation). It will be interesting to see if SLU stays on the gas and continues their D or if VCU makes a run. I would think VCU would make a run but I'm hoping not. This is the largest deficit VCU has faced this season. SLU is playing some great basketball right now. Here is a link to the game online if anyone is interested.

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/170029...int-louis.html

And yes I realize I did quote myself, neg reps welcome. :)
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Jim Crews is a terrible coach. That will rise up and bite them at some point. Hopefully at Cintas.

Don't know much about Crews, seems to be doing a pretty decent job so far.

What I do know is that SLU's play over the last two years just continues to validate what a great coach Rick Majerus was. I mean he took over this program that was going nowhere fast. Rick Majerus' first year was my senior year at SLU and the program had two players (Lisch and Liddell, who were jr's at that point) and nothing else on the roster or coming. Even in his first few years were SLU wasnt good it was an amazing accomplishment to be at or above .500 which SLU was with Majerus. He smiling from above watching this first half.

38-21 at the half.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU's guard play is really good. VCU has been pressing a lot and they have only 5 turnovers.

Also have only missed one free throw. That must be nice.

I think SLU is the best team in the A-10 right now. Not only are they winning but they are just crushing teams. VCU got rattled early and never fully recovered.
    Zip'em Up!

I agree Cheese. No one playing better than them in the A10, not even close. 76-62 win tonight. VCU made two late garbage 3's to get it from 20 to 14. 8 straight wins 7 straight by double digits.

Great guard play, great depth, lots of scoring options, take care of the ball. Really, really good team.

Record now at 20-5 (9-2)

Jett was the difference in my opinion. Take him away and it's a tight game.

Pump the breaks...

SLU has:

@ Butler
    vs St Joe
    @ GW
    @ Xavier
    v LaSalle

-------------------------
    3-2 is about the best you are going to see out of that. They could still be sweating on Selection Sunday and their bid won't be very good either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Title_BU View Post
    Pump the breaks...

SLU has:

@ Butler
    vs St Joe
    @ GW
    @ Xavier
    v LaSalle

-------------------------
    3-2 is about the best you are going to see out of that. They could still be sweating on Selection Sunday and their bid won't be very good either way.
    I could see them got 4-1 and even 5-0. They should be ranked. They are 20-5 & 9-2 in the conference. Might take VCU's spot.
    Zip'em Up!

SLU is Killing It

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I could see them got 4-1 and even 5-0. They should be ranked. They are 20-5 & 9-2 in the conference. Might take VCU's spot.
    Hard to imagine they won't be ranked after that win as long as they hold serve over the weekend (assuming they play this weekend).