Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Final 6 Games of the Season

Should be interesting with Xavier finishing with a brutal six game stretch:

@ URI (okay, not SO brutal, but this team is pretty bad on the road)
    VCU
    Memphis
    UMass
    SLU
    @ Butler

I can see anything from 0-6 (unlikely) to 5-1 (REALLY unlikely). Xavier could end up anywhere from getting a bye in Brooklyn to being on the cusp of not making it to Brooklyn at all this league is so tighly bunched. Hell, Xavier could even go to Hinkle and be playing for the #1 A-10 Tournament seed if things get really zany.

One thing is certain: Wednesday night is a must win unless Xavier wants to find itself buried pretty deep in the conference standings come A-10 Tournament time. With a win Wednesday, I like Xavier to go 3-3 down the stretch (beat UMass and one of SLU, VCU and Memphis). Lose Wednesday night, and you're definitely putting 1-5 in play.

Can't say this team hasn't made things interesting all the way into mid-February!

Final 6 Games of the Season

You think 6-0 is totally off the table?!? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

In all seriousness I'm afraid I am predicting 2-4, outside chance of 3-3

Rhody should be a win, but then we are talking about this team on the road I also think we might be able to claim a win from UMass. (Thank goodness for New England!!!).

VCU and Memphis are just going to have their way with us, Butler on the road plus revenge factor isn't looking good either.

St Louie is an unknown quantity. New coach, senior night, etc.
    - David Bowers ('95)

I think the URI game is going to way too close for comfort one way or another. I would handicap that game at one possession for sure. I really hope we can pull that one out because it's probably our last decent chance for a road win. I don't expect the game at Butler to go anything remotely like the first one. However, I think we will continue to be tough at home, as painfully bad as we've been at so many times this year. I think we beat UMass and will be in all the other three games. VCU scares me the most, matchup-wise, because their press causes turnovers in almost 30% of their defensive possessions (insane) and we could struggle mightily with that. Their half-court D leaves much to be desired, but when you only have to play in the half court 7 out of every 10 possessions, it's not nearly as big noticeable a weakness. Of course, we could certainly lose any of the games left, but I think 3-3 or 4-2 is more likely. I'll go with 3-3. If nothing else, I'm glad we have this gauntlet at the end of the year with 4 of them being home games. I don't think the schedule could've worked out too much better given how little I trust our guys to dig out of a serious hole in the standings.

The Masterofreality will be ensconched cozily behind the Xavier bench on Wednesday night in Kingston, RI.

This game is a must win. Period!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Nice. I was 3-0 in Kingston. I really like the Ryan Center. As an added bonus, it's close to Foxwoods.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I think we go 3-3. I think we can go as good as 5-1 and I dont think we go an worse than 2-4. As crazy unpredictable as we are at times I believe Cintas is still too tough a place to play for us not to pull out at least one or two of the wins at home.

I think out toughest game, at least at home as Butler will be tough on the road, will be the Billikens. SLU is on quite a tear right now pulling off seven straight wins and 6 straight by at least 10 points as of tonight. They have a big game at home vs VCU tomorrow night which I think they will win.

SLU is pretty deep too going a legit 9 deep. Two of their top 4 scorers come off the bench. SLU had a rough start to the season with Kwamain Mitchell missing the first 11 games and getting used to a new coach after Rick Majerus' leave and eventual death. SLU is on a roll now though and is ranked just outside of the top 25 at #26 in both polls.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Someone commented about URI's crowd for one of their recent games - only 50 fans showing up. I remember: it was the last second heave by a guy named Xavier to beat the Cryers.

At any rate, perhaps it will be a hollow shell of its otherwise capable self for our game, too.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Nice. I was 3-0 in Kingston. I really like the Ryan Center. As an added bonus, it's close to Foxwoods.
    So if we lose, I'm blaming you for moving to Wichita.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

That'll work. I had car trouble the other day and it was because he moved to Wichita.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    You think 6-0 is totally off the table?!? I find your lack of faith disturbing.

In all seriousness I'm afraid I am predicting 2-4, outside chance of 3-3

Rhody should be a win, but then we are talking about this team on the road I also think we might be able to claim a win from UMass. (Thank goodness for New England!!!).

VCU and Memphis are just going to have their way with us, Butler on the road plus revenge factor isn't looking good either.

St Louie is an unknown quantity. New coach, senior night, etc.
    any road game this season should be considered a toss up with this team. Road has definitely been unkind to the Muskies this year.