Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4888969798

Thread: Catholic 7 News

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I'd like to see how SLU does in the post-Majerus' players era first. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I still need to see more from a program that is relevant pretty much for the first time ever before I jump onto the "SLU is a must-add" wagon. Plus, I'm not particularly impressed with them being on the list of six schools currently in the NCAA tournament that fall below the APR minimum score of 930. Kind of embarrassing for a Jesuit University if you ask me. I'm not saying SLU is just a flash in the pan, but I'm also not yet convinced they're much more. I'd take a wait and see approach, at least in the hypothetical situation that that were doable.
    This...pretty much.

They still have an interim HC. Wait and see, for sure.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by SJU Grad View Post
    Welcome to the Big East!! Glad to see that Xavier is joining the conference. As a St. John's grad and huge fan, it's been tough to watch the slow demise of the Big East over the past few years. I am so glad that we're all liked-minded schools and I think the league will be incredible!!
    Welcome! looking forward to playing a real team in New York, not one in the Bronx.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJU Grad View Post
    Welcome to the Big East!! Glad to see that Xavier is joining the conference. As a St. John's grad and huge fan, it's been tough to watch the slow demise of the Big East over the past few years. I am so glad that we're all liked-minded schools and I think the league will be incredible!!
    Thanks - it's going to take getting used to seeing SJU as someone other than Saint Joe's around here.

OK, lock this Catholic news thread. I'll start a Big East one.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

You could just delete your initial post and all 98 pages would go bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I'd like to see how SLU does in the post-Majerus' players era first. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I still need to see more from a program that is relevant pretty much for the first time ever before I jump onto the "SLU is a must-add" wagon. Plus, I'm not particularly impressed with them being on the list of six schools currently in the NCAA tournament that fall below the APR minimum score of 930. Kind of embarrassing for a Jesuit University if you ask me. I'm not saying SLU is just a flash in the pan, but I'm also not yet convinced they're much more. I'd take a wait and see approach, at least in the hypothetical situation that that were doable.
    I agree with this. Especially the APR.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015