Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Kantor received a ton of money and living expenses from his pro team. If this kid received the same he probably won't see the court next year and will have agree to eventually reimburse the club in years to come. I am not 100% positive but I believe the value of what Kantor got was in the $20-30k range. At least that was the rumor. In Europe, that is pretty standard for good young players.

What's our connection to the kid? Or did someone already answer that?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I'm not up like some of you guys on recruiting. Would this kid sign a LOI at some certain time?
    Tried to do a little googling, but can't find a lot.
    I found his high school in Greece, which seems to be top notch, so academics wouldn't be an issue.
    It doesn't seem like they have high school athletics, so I guess they all play in those club situations.
    The director of his high school is an OSU graduate, so maybe she suggested Xavier?

http://www.pinewood.gr/news/news-arc...ander-vezenkov

http://www.pinewood.gr/about-pinewoo...papa,-director

When do you think we'll know if he comes for the open scholarship next year?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I imagine it could be really late. He's deciding between pro ball and college ball, not between one college and another. Xavier also has two scholarships open (I'm not counting Stenger), so he's not under heavy pressure to commit before the last scholarship disappears.

I'm not saying he will take awhile to decide one way or the other, simply that he has that time available to him.

Freshman
    Anything new on this kid? I was just curious seeing how I haven't heard his name in a few weeks

I don't think there's any new news but I would imagine that the more time that goes by, the less likely it is he's coming to Xavier, or even college basketball in general.

I think PMI is correct. He's basically deciding whether to come to the States to play college ball or sign a pro contract, there doesn't seem to be much of a timeline on either decision, but the fact that he hasn't committed to play at Xavier over a month after Coach Mack's visit seems ominous.

Well he isn't even 18 until Aug., so probably can't sign as a pro. Seems like a great student, so looks like he would qualify. Hard to get a lot of info on the kid, but if Mack wants him, me too.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Well he isn't even 18 until Aug., so probably can't sign as a pro. Seems like a great student, so looks like he would qualify. Hard to get a lot of info on the kid, but if Mack wants him, me too.
    He could sign as a pro in EUROPE, where he lives.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by hoahongtim0907 View Post
    up ph? Băˇn nhă©

wtf ?