Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cowbell View Post
    Chris Mack is convinced he is going to come and that is enough for me. I imagine he has had plenty of conversations with Vezenkov and his father. He is playing for his country and is not taking summer classes. There is no need for Vezenkov to hurry up and come over to the US.
    How do we know Chris is convinced?

He made a second trip to an empty gym in Latvia to watch him?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    He made a second trip to an empty gym in Latvia to watch him?
    Can't that cut either of two (or more) ways? I'm not trying to be an ass; I'm just trying to gather whether we are taking Chris at his public word (which is essentially marketing fluff) or if anyone has any actual inside info on the topic that can be shared (and I don't need to know your sources, but I'd like to hear that it is more than "Chris said it at the Steakfry").

I have no sources. We're lucky to have phones down here.

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

If he doesn't get paid to play he'll be here. How hard is that?

Aleksandar/Alexander Vezenkov

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    If he doesn't get paid to play he'll be here. How hard is that?
    Well gee... Thanks for clarifying that for me Mr. Master of the Obvious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seemed to me a lot people were going out of their way to not state the obvious. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Can't that cut either of two (or more) ways? I'm not trying to be an ass; I'm just trying to gather whether we are taking Chris at his public word (which is essentially marketing fluff) or if anyone has any actual inside info on the topic that can be shared (and I don't need to know your sources, but I'd like to hear that it is more than "Chris said it at the Steakfry").
    LA...I hope Aleks is here as he would be a great asset. However, I took the Latvia trip the way you have implied here. If he was 100% coming there would be no need to make the trip. Instead, just communication on how to get here, when, what to work on prior to coming, etc. I took the Latvia trip as one final recruiting push. Kind of a look you in the eye and say...see this is how much we want you at the end of the summer.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    LA...I hope Aleks is here as he would be a great asset. However, I took the Latvia trip the way you have implied here. If he was 100% coming there would be no need to make the trip. Instead, just communication on how to get here, when, what to work on prior to coming, etc. I took the Latvia trip as one final recruiting push. Kind of a look you in the eye and say...see this is how much we want you at the end of the summer.
    False, Mack had scheduled the return trip when Vezenkov committed back in May. It had been on the books. Also the staff feels Extremely confident he is coming.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    False, Mack had scheduled the return trip when Vezenkov committed back in May. It had been on the books. Also the staff feels Extremely confident he is coming.

So you're disregarding the possibility that Mack and Co have known from the jump that Vezenkov would have a decision to make and a trip by Mack could help him make it?