Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I never wrote the economy was better, but to sit and trash what Obama did is revisionist history. I am not going to sit and type out defense after your awful post.

The extreme liberal mag Forbes is calling wage growth closer to 1% after inflation for 2018. Buying power isn’t budging either.

MOR don’t insult, people can have different views without huge insults. Economy is a benign argument so save your insults for more immoral grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thing is, you have no defense. YOU were the one who said the tax breaks were messing up the economy. YOU were the one who cited false stats to try to support a false narrative, and you were the one who tried to prop up Obama's performance.
    Here are the facts. Again, FACTS that you leftists just want to ignore in your quest to be outraged about everything.
    -Obama's Growth Rate through his Adminstration time in office was 2.1% That is per Bloomberg, not exactly a friend of the President. Given that Obummer came in when a recession was in place, there should have been a BIGGER bounce back for the economy during his time because his base of beginning was so low. But his policies were so ridiculously crafted he only got 2.1%. That includes his horribly developed Stimulus Package which wasted money on stupid outfits like Solyndra and badly designed Chevey Volt cars.
    -Trump comes in and so far his Growth Rate is 3.0 %. This again from Bloomberg. His starting base point was not as low as Obummers and even so, his policies have fueled growth much beyond anything that Barry could ever imagine.

And, of course you never wrote out the economy was better, because that would screw up your false narrative based of fake statements. Facts and research are fun, Arizona. You should try using them sometime rather than just throwing garbage against the wall, thinking it would stick and thinking no one would actually research things. I'm not insulting. I'm educating. You know what is insulting? You trying to push false information on to thinking and "woke" individuals. That may work for the liberal outraged minions, but not for those who actually look. And if "the economy is benign" then why did James Carville make the famous statement when his and your sex abuser Bill Clinton was running that when it comes to the election.."It's the economy, Stupid"? That sure doesn't seem benign to me, but when your premise is totally destroyed, I guess you gotta come up with some other ish.

Finally, you wrote in another post that "wage growth isn't outpacing inflation". Welp even quoting numbers from Forbes, which is waaaaay less than the ACTUAL FED stats, you have contradicted yourself. Way to insult yourself. Amazing how when you have no defense, you're not going to sit and type out a defense. Too bad. I would have loved to seen it for comedic value.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Thing is, you have no defense. YOU were the one who said the tax breaks were messing up the economy. YOU were the one who cited false stats to try to support a false narrative, and you were the one who tried to prop up Obama's performance.
    Here are the facts. Again, FACTS that you leftists just want to ignore in your quest to be outraged about everything.
    -Obama's Growth Rate through his Adminstration time in office was 2.1% That is per Bloomberg, not exactly a friend of the President. Given that Obummer came in when a recession was in place, there should have been a BIGGER bounce back for the economy during his time because his base of beginning was so low. But his policies were so ridiculously crafted he only got 2.1%. That includes his horribly developed Stimulus Package which wasted money on stupid outfits like Solyndra and badly designed Chevey Volt cars.
    -Trump comes in and so far his Growth Rate is 3.0 %. This again from Bloomberg. His starting base point was not as low as Obummers and even so, his policies have fueled growth much beyond anything that Barry could ever imagine.

And, of course you never wrote out the economy was better, because that would screw up your false narrative based of fake statements. Facts and research are fun, Arizona. You should try using them sometime rather than just throwing garbage against the wall, thinking it would stick and thinking no one would actually research things. I'm not insulting. I'm educating. You know what is insulting? You trying to push false information on to thinking and "woke" individuals. That may work for the liberal outraged minions, but not for those who actually look. And if "the economy is benign" then why did James Carville make the famous statement when his and your sex abuser Bill Clinton was running that when it comes to the election.."It's the economy, Stupid"? That sure doesn't seem benign to me, but when your premise is totally destroyed, I guess you gotta come up with some other ish.

Finally, you wrote in another post that "wage growth isn't outpacing inflation". Welp even quoting numbers from Forbes, which is waaaaay less than the ACTUAL FED stats, you have contradicted yourself. Way to insult yourself. Amazing how when you have no defense, you're not going to sit and type out a defense. Too bad. I would have loved to seen it for comedic value.
    But but but...Obama was awesome. Liberals love pointing out things like " well, Obama was president for 8 years and never had any scandals" as if that 1.) Actually means anything and 2.) Was actually true, which it isnt

Let's see...what other great defense will our leftists on this board say next..I'll get the popcorn ready.

I'm not a fan of the trumpeter because I think hes an egomaniacal weirdo, but for the liberals to continue to deny the economy is in a good place currently is just beyond odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    But but but...Obama was awesome. Liberals love pointing out things like " well, Obama was president for 8 years and never had any scandals" as if that 1.) Actually means anything and 2.) Was actually true, which it isnt

Let's see...what other great defense will our leftists on this board say next..I'll get the popcorn ready.

I'm not a fan of the trumpeter because I think hes an egomaniacal weirdo, but for the liberals to continue to deny the economy is in a good place currently is just beyond odd.
    Can you guys take this to the politics thread? This discussion has left the financial realm.

Where Trump and Obama differ is insignificant in impact compared to where they are the same. Along with Congress, they have both exploded the deficit albeit in different ways. Both promised and failed to create infrastructure investment which may have supported the economy and allowed the fed to have a cushion while tightening monetary policy. Neither should be seen as strong on the economy. Any growth or progress made during either of their Presidencies is solely the product of historic levels of debt.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Can you guys take this to the politics thread? This discussion has left the financial realm.

Where Trump and Obama differ is insignificant in impact compared to where they are the same. Along with Congress, they have both exploded the deficit albeit in different ways. Both promised and failed to create infrastructure investment which may have supported the economy and allowed the fed to have a cushion while tightening monetary policy. Neither should be seen as strong on the economy. Any growth or progress made during either of their Presidencies is solely the product of historic levels of debt.
    The wall is infrastructure investment, not his fault the dems dont see the long term investment it will bring.

So all thos facts about wage growth, GDP growth, historically low unemployment are all just the product of increasing debt...ok sure...completely preposterous.

So all thos facts about wage growth, GDP growth, historically low unemployment are all just the product of increasing debt...ok sure...completely preposterous.
    None of that wage growth, GDP growth, and employment growth is as rosy as you seem to think. Please read this. And it's obviously not just the federal debt, but corporate debt as well. We're nearing the end of a debt cycle, buckle up for possible defaults.

...when interest rates go to zero, monetary policy doesn’t work properly any longer. Central banks will instead resort to printing money (QE nowadays), which will drive up prices on risk assets, and that is the phase we have been going through over the last few years.

However, towards the end of all debt super-cycles, economic agents (whether households or corporates) increasingly suffer from debt fatigue. The appetite for borrowing drops and, consequently, economic activity comes to a virtual standstill.
    Link

Let's just all follow Paul Krugman like sheep. He has it all figured out. "National Debt is no problem" says Krugman. Just keep laying it on.
    (Laugh Out Loud)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    None of that wage growth, GDP growth, and employment growth is as rosy as you seem to think. Please read this. And it's obviously not just the federal debt, but corporate debt as well. We're nearing the end of a debt cycle, buckle up for possible defaults.

Link
    I'll worry more about the here and now rather than someone's commentary on what may or may not happen. Prognosticators are commonly wrong.

I'll worry more about the here and now rather than someone's commentary on what may or may not happen. Prognosticators are commonly wrong.
    Then maybe the Stock Market PREDICTIONS thread isn't the one for you. Might I suggest the Politics thread.

The wall is infrastructure investment, not his fault the dems dont see the long term investment it will bring.

Honest question: what return will this wall investment bring?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Honest question: what return will this wall investment bring?
    If it serves its purpose, it should reduce costs substantially at the border. So, bottom line more than top line I suppose.