Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If it serves its purpose, it should reduce costs substantially at the border. So, bottom line more than top line I suppose.
    I live close to the border. What costs can I expect a decrease in? I also know where illegals mostly work. We all do, even ICE. They just don’t bother doing more one or two big raids a year. This is Trump’s ICE, ashy why it hasn’t changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    None of that wage growth, GDP growth, and employment growth is as rosy as you seem to think. Please read this. And it's obviously not just the federal debt, but corporate debt as well. We're nearing the end of a debt cycle, buckle up for possible defaults.

Link
    That was an interesting read, thanks for that post.

On your debt comment, I am not sure if corporate debt is massively high yet. I do know consumer debt is and has been steadily increasing.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I live close to the border. What costs can I expect a decrease in? I also know where illegals mostly work. We all do, even ICE. They just don’t bother doing more one or two big raids a year. This is Trump’s ICE, ashy why it hasn’t changed.

I dont care where illegals work and dont know what that has to do with what I said. I'm talking about reduction in government costs.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...icans-stagnant

Also, check out the article in the second section of this past Friday's Wall Street Journal about the impact on the current stock market volatility due to corporations sending their tax cuts and recaptured ex-partriated money as dividends to shareholders, versus increasing investment plant, equipment and technology. Interesting read.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    That was an interesting read, thanks for that post.

On your debt comment, I am not sure if corporate debt is massively high yet. I do know consumer debt is and has been steadily increasing.

Corporate Debt is Reaching Record Levels - WSJ

Corporate debt to GDP is at its highest level ever per the Fed and Commerce department. Another important point is that the share of BBB rated bonds is also substantially high. If they can’t afford higher rate debt, and rating agencies actually downgrade them this time, then that could trigger a sell off. Any of that would take awhile, possibly over a year to materialize.

I heard a crazy stat the other day that if GE were to default they would increase the junk bond market by 10% alone. Hopefully that doesn’t happen.

I've totally given up trying to figure out the market. Now I'm just following my guys advice of "hold tight".
    I HATE dayton.

Who dis?

Welp, despite all the dire and doomsday reports from ABC, NBC CNN, etc. about how the market was going to tank in the new year because of (take your pick): A) China trade , B) Tariffs, C) Global Warming, D) Government Shutdown, E) Trump in general, F) Immigration, G) Xavier's difficulties, etc..
    The market closed up again at 24,002. Moral? Stop listening to "look-at-me" Jim Acosta, Rachel Maddow, Joe Scarborough, Lester Holt, David Muir.....
    Believe in the American spirit, innovation and the economy.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Welp, despite all the dire and doomsday reports from ABC, NBC CNN, etc. about how the market was going to tank in the new year because of (take your pick): A) China trade , B) Tariffs, C) Global Warming, D) Government Shutdown, E) Trump in general, F) Immigration, G) Xavier's difficulties, etc..
    The market closed up again at 24,002. Moral? Stop listening to "look-at-me" Jim Acosta, Rachel Maddow, Joe Scarborough, Lester Holt, David Muir.....
    Believe in the American spirit, innovation and the economy.
    http://www.xavierhoops.com/showthrea...olitics-Thread

We get it. You like Trump.

There are real non-political reasons to think there are cracks in the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    http://www.xavierhoops.com/showthrea...olitics-Thread

We get it. You like Trump.

There are real non-political reasons to think there are cracks in the economy.
    Yeah, and it seems that the experts are not concerned over these alleged "cracks". #24K
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell