Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Who Will Succeed Us as A-10 Flagship?

Which will make it real awkward for you the next time you have to deal with TSA.

I didn't think if that scenario. Imagine Temple, UConn, and uc all going to the A10 and parking their football programs elsewhere. Man, you just brought a huge smile to my face.
    - David Bowers ('95)

After X leaves the A-10 I won't be looking back. But, whoever it is, they won't ever match X's dominance.
    Pray the Rosary daily

I'm with Vee. My vote is "Nobody." If being the flagship means winning 5 straight A10 titles and making it to the second weekend of the dance 4 out of 5 years, I say nobody will be the flagship of the A10 again in the foreseeable future.

I think VCU could do that. At least the winning 5 straight A-10 titles part (unfortunately probably starting this year).

The A-10 is one of the best things to ever happen to us. Any team that grabs the brass ring once we are gone is going to go far. You can be a National Program in the Atlantic 10 Conference. Memphis did great after everyone left them for dead in CUSA. For one of the teams that gets "left behind", it might be the greatest thing that has ever happened to them.

I like a lot of programs in the A-10. If you could kick four or five teams out and get down to a round robin it would be an exceptional league. But the league can't even get Fordham out. And that is pathetic.

I love the A-10 and what it has done for our program. I wish them well, and I will still follow the league. I think VCU could do very well there, as others have noted.

The Horizon lost Butler. They were the 11th conference last year, and they are 11th this year. When we were in that conference, it was around 11 too. It was great for us because we were the Kings. Without Butler some program may step up and do what we first did, and then Butler replicated. It isn't a bad spot to be in being King. I am rooting for Wright State to fill that void. They have a great arena and the City of Dayton deserves some Championship basketball. The Nutter Center rocks. We should play them a 2 for 1.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick