Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xudeltasig View Post
    A little different situation as she has gone by this longer name pubically for many years. I don't really know how I feel about the whole middle name issue with Obama but using Hillary as an example of how he isn't the only one who's middle name is being used doesn't really work. I'd be shocked if anyone could provide the middle name another candidate (current or former) from this primary WITHOUT looking it up.
    Middle names of canidates not just in this election but elections of years past off the top of my head

John Sydney McCain
    William Jefferson Clinton
    George Walker Bush
    George Herbert Walker Bush
    Ronald Wilson Reagan
    Linden Baynes (sp) Johson
    John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    Hillary Rodham Clinton
    George Brookes McGovern

Her middle name is Rodham as she legally changed it after marriage. I understand it is her maiden name.

furthermore, some canidates and pundits use middle initials

John F. Kerry
    Harry S. Truman
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Middle names of canidates not just in this election but elections of years past off the top of my head

John Sydney McCain
    William Jefferson Clinton
    George Walker Bush
    George Herbert Walker Bush
    Ronald Wilson Reagan
    Linden Baynes (sp) Johson
    John Fitzgerald Kennedy
    Hillary Rodham Clinton
    George Brookes McGovern

Her middle name is Rodham as she legally changed it after marriage. I understand it is her maiden name.

furthermore, some canidates and pundits use middle initials

John F. Kerry
    Harry S. Truman
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Can you remember any of those candidates being referred to by their middle name three times during a rally of the opponent?

Let's please not act like Cunningham was carrying on some American tradition...as opposed to being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Can you remember any of those candidates being referred to by their middle name three times during a rally of the opponent?

Let's please not act like Cunningham was carrying on some American tradition...as opposed to being a dick.
    Amen brother!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Sure, Clinton said that his mother was a fan of Thomas Jefferson and that is who he is named after. Obviously, trying to compare himself to the american president (note the sarcasm). Just as Willie was obviously trying to compare Obama to the Iraqi dictator. Only a buffoon would 1. take Willie this seriously or 2. actually have their opinions change because of a man's middle name. That is, unless they are themselves uncomfortable and have their own issues with the name.

I mean seriously its not like a news agency made up a false story with fake documents just weeks before an election in an attempt to make Obama look like a fraud and a criminal. That would be something outragous wouldn't it? ;)

Use of middle names

Billy

Actually Johnson did use his middle name exclusively as did JFK and as did FDR. It has been done before. Having said that, Cunningham is still an idiot!

Okay WOW we are giving Willie more publicity as we keep talking about it. It should be no big shock that he would stir something up as that is what Willie does best.
    D-Bagging his way to the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie73 View Post
    Billy

Actually Johnson did use his middle name exclusively as did JFK and as did FDR. It has been done before. Having said that, Cunningham is still an idiot!
    Obama doesn't use his own middle name. And no one in the press uses it for obvious reasons.

Even if others in the past have gone by three names, there's no precedent for Willie using it three times with Obama, other than to be a douche. There's no sense in trying to make some silly, overreaching comparison to those in the past who have done so. It's apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebreaker View Post
    Cunningham is fine with me. I loved how he was made to apologize to Dunn for his comments last year. He's a shock jock, just has more class than Howard Stern does. BTW-what happened to free speech that the left is always throwing around?? I don't care for Imus, but he got jacked for calling some girls 'Nappy headed hoes"?? Dumb, to say the least, but is it free speech for the media, or just what the PC police thinks is ok??
    I get that free speech may have consequences, but the ones who shout it the most, are usually the same crowd who calls for the heads of those they disagree with.
    I'll get off my soapbox now.
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on "free speech" and take for granted that you realize the first amendment only protects you from government prosecution for what you say. The first amendment doesn't prevent you from losing your job for saying things your private employer would deem destructive or derogatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

I mean seriously its not like a news agency made up a false story with fake documents just weeks before an election in an attempt to make Obama look like a fraud and a criminal. That would be something outragous wouldn't it? ;)
    That is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    And no one in the press uses it for obvious reasons.
    That is odd.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    That is odd.
    Not really.

The media would be accused of aiding Hillary by needlessly invoking it...no?