Thread: Wright State

Wright State

I guess I saw what happened at Middle Tennessee. Wright State went on an 18-0 run early in the second half to erase a 41-26 Xavier halftime lead. I thought we'd still recover and pull it out, but Wright State scored six straight in the final two minutes to go up 66-62 before Gray hit a meaningless 3 at the buzzer.

Everything looked great in the first half. The only bad thing was the 15 their leading scorer, #4, Kim Demmings, had. I think Hawkes was just too short to affect her shot, and it seemed Ty O'Neill had more success defensively against her in the second half (at least guarding the 3). Demmings had just 3 during the big run- it was #30 who hurt us then with two 3's and 10 points. Wright State shot the lights out from 3- started 9-14 before missing their last five.

Wright State came out much more aggressive defensively in the second half, and we need to learn to answer that. That is something that has given us problems all year. On a good note, Crittenden had a great game. I thought she might be on track for a triple double at one point. She finished with 8 points, 7 assists, and 17 rebounds. She also played a season-high 33 minutes, so I think she might have been worn out by the end.

Sophomore
    I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. I was expecting better things this year. I don't really blame the players because I think they are working their tails off, but some of our losses this year are already unacceptable. I know it's only year two but I'm worried.

Over-reacting????

Yesterdays game was disappointing after the 15 point lead at the half and it sounds like you are blaming coach. I think we remember Coach Waugh as someone who did it all when she was on the floor but as the coach we have to remember she is on the floor in a whole different capacity now. She can't shoot or rebound but she is still leading this team on the side now. Her intensity and drive is showing in the way they play and it just seems they lose that for a small part of every game and that's when we get behind and then struggle to get back in it. The freshman are young and are improving and there is a lot of season left. Seeing the 6 that signed for next year I think we are heading in the right direction it just takes time, we definitely need some more post players and growing pains at anything are never easy. Go X!