Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    I'm sure it will come out that Butler had some bad cheesesteaks for lunch before our game. :).
    Well, it was their second game. My feeling was that they hadn't adjusted to playing without their point guard.

I suspect this will go down a lot like the Memphis win in the '09 season -- a nice win against a team that ended up playing a lot better later in the season, than they did against XU. But that's ok, because the W is all that matters.

I know they just beat the top ranked team, and are playing much, much better, but I am still not sold on Butler's "point guard" situation. Clarke is a very good scorer, but so many possessions he spends dribbling around for 25 seconds, he isn't great going left when someone's pressuring the ball, and he's really the only reasonable option they have at point. I think a team that can effectively put pressure on the ball will cause a lot of headaches for Butler. I really hope they keep winning OOC before it happens.

They don't have any good teams left in the non-conference. They have a trip to Vandy, but Vandy sucks. Didn't stop us from losing to them, but it doesn't change the fact that they suck.

Walk-On
    Butler also plays #14 Gonzaga on 1/19.

Thanks. I stopped looking for non-conference games after they start playing conference games. Didn't realize they nestled another one in their later. That's a great matchup.