Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xu-uc

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Really? I thought you might have gone as far back as Ehlen and the MCC.

Glad to see X beat UC. On a side note, my wife's (who played at X under Ehlen) cousin just played X on Friday night and I had to root against XU. She is from Cincinnati (played at Ursula) and has been a 3 year starter for Appalachian State. I found it strange rooting for her and sitting w/ the A state crowd. She probably had 60-70 people there cheering for her. It was a good game and now I can go back to rooting for X.
    Zip'em Up!

I don't know if it is by design, but there seem to be quite a few local girls on the teams they in the non-conference:

BUCKNELL: Alyssa Dunn (Seven Hills), Sheaira Jones (Colerain), Rachel Voss (Loveland)

MOREHEAD STATE: Almesha Jones (Hughes)

APPALACHIAN STATE: Kelsey Sharkey (St. Ursula)

WRIGHT STATE: Taylor Stanton (Walnut Hills), Kayla Lamotte (Mason), Abby Jump (Ryle)

OHIO U: Ashley Fowler (Mt. Notre Dame)

Wright State should be interesting - I know Crittenden and Abby Jump played together at Ryle and I'd assume Glover and Kayla Lamotte did some at Mason as well.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Really? I thought you might have gone as far back as Ehlen and the MCC.
    Nope, not that I'm not old enough to have followed then. I must admit I was a XU men's hoop fan forever, it took a 9 year old girl to wipe away my ignorance and introduce me to women's basketball. Thank goodness for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Glad to see X beat UC. On a side note, my wife's (who played at X under Ehlen) cousin just played X on Friday night and I had to root against XU. She is from Cincinnati (played at Ursula) and has been a 3 year starter for Appalachian State. I found it strange rooting for her and sitting w/ the A state crowd. She probably had 60-70 people there cheering for her. It was a good game and now I can go back to rooting for X.
    Traitor!!!!!!!! kidding "cheese" I know several XU fans who were torn that day. My daughter played AAU along with Kelsey way back in jr high.

Quote Originally Posted by usfldan View Post
    I don't know if it is by design, but there seem to be quite a few local girls on the teams they in the non-conference:

BUCKNELL: Alyssa Dunn (Seven Hills), Sheaira Jones (Colerain), Rachel Voss (Loveland)

MOREHEAD STATE: Almesha Jones (Hughes)

APPALACHIAN STATE: Kelsey Sharkey (St. Ursula)

WRIGHT STATE: Taylor Stanton (Walnut Hills), Kayla Lamotte (Mason), Abby Jump (Ryle)

OHIO U: Ashley Fowler (Mt. Notre Dame)

Wright State should be interesting - I know Crittenden and Abby Jump played together at Ryle and I'd assume Glover and Kayla Lamotte did some at Mason as well.
    They must work to schedule some of these teams, in the hope that it brings more attendance numbers. But the other reason I suspect is that there really are an awful lot of tri state area kids playing D-1 hoops. Between very solid high school programs, and some very aggressive AAU, the area is one of the best areas in the country for girls sports. Being out of the area, and still being involved a little, I see kids from the area in my travels all the time. Interesting to read an article the other day, a Mason kid has committed to the school (D-2 Eckerd College) I announce for now down here in FLA!