Thread: Duke

Duke

Avenge 2010!
    Shock the world!
    Not around them, but through them and over them!

Play hard, leave it all on the court!

Not much else to say, but I hope to see lots of us cheering on our Musketeers tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Avenge 2010!
    Shock the world!
    Not around them, but through them and over them!

Play hard, leave it all on the court!

Not much else to say, but I hope to see lots of us cheering on our Musketeers tomorrow!
    How much have you been drinking? We play Drake tomorrow, not Duke.

Drake on Cintas TVs (1:30) and Duke live (2PM)!
    (and to answer you question, quite enough, thank you!)
    Last edited by WCWIII; 11-24-2012 at 10:40 PM.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskiePimp23 View Post
    How much have you been drinking? We play Drake tomorrow, not Duke.
    Yes and no. Men play Drake, women play Dook at home.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Yes and no. Men play Drake, women play Dook at home.
    I guess I was drinking...this new format I saw it on the side, but did not see it in the women's basketball section.

Obviously a tough result (82-59), but Duke was that good especially offensively. They backed us down quite a bit for some easy layups and made any open look they got early. Being outsized by them, I was surprised the see the rebounding so even and we did adjust to take a few charges in the second half.

Duke was also very active and aggressive defensively. When we got a defensive rebound, they still had two or three players going after the ball. Their zone also held Hawkes without a point until she hit a 3 from halfcourt at the first half buzzer- I think we’ll continue to see more of that.

The officiating seemed to change at about the 10 minute mark, which helped us come back a bit. It was called much more close in the final 10 minutes, which caused one of their post players to foul out and another to end up with 4 fouls.

Unfortunately, I think I’m going to have to miss the next game, Appalachian State, because it looks like it could be a good one. They’re 4-1, with their only loss by three points at Virginia Tech, and have a forward averaging 21.0 points per game.

Great recap USFLDAN. Xavier played hard to the end ... proud of the effort. Hope it stings enough to push them even harder. Go X!

I felt that for X to keep things close, Duke had to miss a lot of shots early. To Duke's credit, they really didn't miss any shots at all. Tough day for the team. The Blue Devils are obviously a legit #4 team. One thing that the game really showed is that we are undersized at many positions and don't have anyone remotely resembling a 5. Duke had 10 blocked shots in the game, 5 of which were by their 6'5" center. Our interior players had poor offensive games (Pachko 8 pts and Crouch 2 pts). I wonder how much Coach Waugh had anticipated Ce'dra Evans contributing this year.... as she may have been a missing piece to the 5 puzzle.

True Cinskyline,,, and that's the one thing this team can not control is their available size. Coach shifted her game from her standard start, to a quicker smaller lineup and it worked to some extent in the second half.
    Overall they played the same hard pressing, quick switching, running game they've aimed at all year.
    Overall while the loss was fairly sizeable I'd say the Duke game was a success in that the team will be a better stronger more confident group having gotten through it.
    I like watching this group play, the style is enjoyable, and the group really seems to be having fun. Even Shatyra, if you look behind her very very competitive scowl, appears to be enjoying her self. She reminds me so much of Amy when she's on the floor!