Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by x_man11 View Post
    XU won its first game 10-4 and plays tonight at 10:30 p.m. On the road to a club national championship!
    Do they happen to play Ohio U? My nephew plays for them.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Nope, one of my teammates from high school coaches Ohio U's division 2 team. In club hockey there is one "main" league, the ACHA, which has 3 divisions. Ohio U. has a team in Division 1 (the "big boys") and another team in Division 2. Xavier plays Division 3 ACHA, and played Ohio U. last year but was told this year that it doesn't "help" their strength of schedule/ranking perception to play teams from a division up, so they don't play.

The second league is a newer league formed by teams that were pissed off by the ACHA's cronyism and "good ole boy" society...this is the tournament XU played in. They ended up losing in the semi-finals and got 3rd place in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Do they happen to play Ohio U? My nephew plays for them.

Freshman
    Anyone interested in purchasing Xavier hockey gear can go to the link below. The picture quality isn't the best but looks like some decent gear if you're looking to buy some more X stuff. Sorry, still no jerseys at this time. Pretty much every time I see the coach I ask why not put it on the list of items available, but to date no luck.

http://www.xavier.edu/campusuite25/m...fm?grp_id=2870

Freshman
    For anyone in the Cincinnati area this coming weekend--I know the timing is rather last minute but I just received details around the 2nd Annual Xavier Ice Hockey Golf Outing.

This year's outing will be held on Saturday, August 23, 2014 at WeatherWax Golf Course (up by Middletown). Scramble format, tee time is 12:00 p.m. and there will be a dinner and auction following the scramble.

At $100 per golfer, this isn't an expensive outing and all of the proceeds directly benefit the club ice hockey team. Last year's team posted an impressive 25-6-3 record (the best yet) and the team travels all around the country representing Xavier University.

It's a fun event. For more information on registering contact Max Poe at poem1@xavier.edu. I tried to look for the website link and it didn't have any info unfortunately.

If you can't go this weekend, consider coming into town for the team's 2nd Annual "North/South Showdown" at the Cincinnati Gardens the weekend of September 26, 2014. This tournament features prominent club hockey programs and is a great platform for the Xavier program to gain even more national exposure. The players love having fans come out, and admission fees help offset the cost of the tournament to the team.

That's all I've got for now--PM me if you have any questions!

I know many have asked about buying a Xavier hockey jersey before and that day has finally come. The cost is $100 plus shipping. Check out the link below.

http://www.xavier.edu/clubsports/ice...ey-Apparel.cfm

Has anyone had any luck with this? The link directs you to an expired order form that doesn't even have the hockey jerseys as a purchase option. It also directs you to: "If you are interested in a jersey, email coachdriscoll.xavierhockey@gmail.com with color and number preferance. Cost of Jerseys are $100.00 + shipping"

I sent him an email on Friday and he pointed me back to the website/order form. (Although he replied within minutes, which was nice.)

Freshman
    I have a couple emails out to look into this. Their apparel company doesn't have jerseys listed as an item so that's just a tad confusing. XUBT--did you respond to Coach Driscoll that the gallery section with the order form doesn't have jerseys listed?

Freshman
    OK all -- I got some clarity on the sale and what was going on. Here are the details on ordering. I'm sorry for any confusion!

PM me if anyone would like to have the form emailed to them! It has the picture of the jersey and all the info below. I guess they just did not post it to the website yet.

Dates of public sale:
    November 1
    st
    – November 30th
    Cost:
    $100 with custom number
    $110 with custom number and name
    How to order:
    Email poem1@xavier.edu
    Include: size, number, name, and choice of grey or blue jersey

Send payment to:
    Xavier Ice Hockey
    O’Connor Sport Center
    3800 Victory Parkway
    Cincinnati, Ohio 45207-6116

xu hockey jersey.jpgaway.jpghome.jpg
    Last edited by x_man11; 11-21-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added picture

Those are sweet.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Those are sweet.
    A lot more baller than when I played years ago, that's for sure! For 1/2 of the season we didn't even have matching jerseys! haha