Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bobinski not able to land NCAA tournament games in Cincinnati

The NCAA recently announced tournament sites for 2014 and 2015:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...aa-tournaments

I know Bobinski was working to get 2nd/3rd round NCAA tournament games to be played at US Bank Arena in 2014. I guess he wasn't successful. It's been a long time since Cincinnati has hosted a NCAA tournament game. It sucks that we have such a crappy arena downtown...

Good for the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Good for the NCAA.
    Agreed.

I am sorry but US Bank is a dump.

Actually I am not sorry. Place sucks

I know someone has got to do it, but there is no reason to host NCAA Tournament games. The school has to put in a bid, and if they get it then their own team can't play there, which means that if you're NCAA Tournament that you'll probably be placed further away. Then, you get to set everything up in accordance with every ridiculous specification that the NCAA has for its championships (the court, the ticket distribution, the multiple press rooms, the video board specification, etc). You also get to do all the event management, and maybe you'll make back whatever money you spent on bidding to host. So, you're doing all this work on the NCAA's behalf free of charge.

No thanks. It's better to let UD or UC do it. That way we could be placed at the site and not have to worry about anything other than playing in the games. Playing in the games is much more important than hosting the games.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    No thanks. It's better to let UD or UC do it.
    I believe it was a joint bid with UC. I could be wrong though.

My response is exactly the same as when the Olympics committee elected not to pursue Cincinnati as an Olympic site.

"Duh".

US Bank Arena is an undersized, bad sightline, outdated physical facility. The only place I would rank below US Bank to watch a basketball game is the Shoe.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

They actually don't care about any of that. If they'll put it at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, they'll put it anywhere if the school is willing to do the work for them.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    MSG hosting NCAA's for first time in 53 years, East semis/finals in 2014. The entire 3 phase, $1 billion renovation will be completed next summer so that should be an awesome ticket. Even better if X is there.

It's the only arena i've been in where the luxury boxes are literally the worst seats in the house..
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo