Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    And a 6'6" SF isnt exactly the kind of kid I'm hoping for. 6'6" SG....I'm in.
    And so is UK, Duke, NC, and OSU, and the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by xlax View Post
    UK won the championship last year with Doron Lamb (6 '4) at SG and Darius Miller (6 '7) at SF.

Uconn won it two years ago with Shabazz Napier (6 '1) at SG and Jeremy Lamb (6 '4) at SF.

Duke won it in 2010 with Nolan Smith (6 '2) at SG and Kyle Singler (6 '8) at SF.

North Carolina won it in 2009 with Wayne Ellington (6 '4) at SG and Danny Green (6 '5) at SF

Kansas won it in 2008 with Mario Chalmers (6 '1) at SG and Brandon Rush (6 '6) at SF

I'm not sure how much further back i should go before it becomes apparent that you're blatantly wrong. Of the past 5 national champions none of them had a SG at 6 '6 or above and none of them had a SF at 6 '9 or above. Hell only one team had a player within an inch of the heights you say championship teams need at that position and that was Duke with Kyle Singler.

In summary, you are wrong and it really isnt close.
    Good research. You list a total of 10 guys who wound up at UK, UConn, Duke, UNC and Kansas. Pretty much the top prgrams in the country. It's possible that despite their less than ideal size, they were simply the BEST PLAYERS in the country, and among the very elite recruits in their respective years.

This richards kid doesnt appear to have any ranking whatsoever, and is being recruited by the likes of Hofstra, Florida Atlantic AND Florida International, Duquesne, and of course 5 other A-10 teams. Kind of a big difference.

I dont know much about this guy, but this late involvement screams desperation to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Good research. You list a total of 10 guys who wound up at UK, UConn, Duke, UNC and Kansas. Pretty much the top prgrams in the country. It's possible that despite their less than ideal size, they were simply the BEST PLAYERS in the country, and among the very elite recruits in their respective years.

This richards kid doesnt appear to have any ranking whatsoever, and is being recruited by the likes of Hofstra, Florida Atlantic AND Florida International, Duquesne, and of course 5 other A-10 teams. Kind of a big difference.

I dont know much about this guy, but this late involvement screams desperation to me.
    Do me a favor then and find the last national champion whose SG and SF fit into your height criteria. I mean, you did say "You know what teams win championships? Teams with 6'9" SFs and 6'6" SGs".

I've went back 5 years and I can't find anything to support that statement. I'd love for you to take a shot at it.

I'm totally fine with a 6'6 SF, if he can play, contribute, and work his ass off. That's all I care about, someone who's going to play every game like his last, if this kid fits the bill according to Mack and company, then swoop him up. Simple as that.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Dante Jackson was a champion. I'm looking for more of those.
    I've got champions in that locker room!

Sophomore
    Do me a favor then and find the last national champion whose SG and SF fit into your height criteria. I mean, you did say "You know what teams win championships? Teams with 6'9" SFs and 6'6" SGs".

I've went back 5 years and I can't find anything to support that statement. I'd love for you to take a shot at it.
    LA Lakers.

Ok. Maybe I wont find them. But that doesnt change my initial opinion that a 6'6" SF better have something very special, because that is smallish. This kid doesn't have an impressive list, and he's neither tall or apparently thick for his position. An undersized, mid-major level player. Cant wait.

Well, I suppose he's better than the other recruits we have landed so far in the 2013 class.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Well, I suppose he's better than the other recruits we have landed so far in the 2013 class.
    Sadly, this cracked me up.

MH has to be ecstatic we didn't land Kris Jenkins. That undersized forward would have been a problem.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015