Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

Kamall Richards (Xavier Commit)

I didn't see another thread on Kamall. If I missed it I apoligize. Acording to Alex Kline@TheRecruitScoop Kamall has narrowed his list down to Xavier, Seton Hall & St. Joseph's.

Kamall Richards SF
    Ht:6'6"
    Wt:210 lbs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ichards-142826

We are a little late getting into the game because a)we had better options at one time, and b)he has a relationship with one of our new assistant coaches. I hear he is high on Xavier currently though.

Not an impressive list. And a 6'6" SF isnt exactly the kind of kid I'm hoping for. 6'6" SG....I'm in. But SF needs to help rebound and probably will defend some much bigger guys.

Should be interesting.

He from South Kent, CT is a former or currently courted recruit from there too? I want to say Chris Thomas was from there or up there at school for a while. Any chance this recruitment is a push for Thomas recommittment?
    Brown against Burton...Brown starting his dribble...He moves in, he pops up....SCOOORRREESSS!....LENNY BROWN!...XAVIER WINS IT!...THE MUSKIES WIN IT!...71-69...The UC Bearcats are #1 in the country, #2 in their OWN CITY! - Andy MacWilliams

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Not an impressive list. And a 6'6" SF isnt exactly the kind of kid I'm hoping for. 6'6" SG....I'm in. But SF needs to help rebound and probably will defend some much bigger guys.

Should be interesting.
    Dez, Dante, CJ Anderson none of them were taller than 6'6". Brown may have played some SF , but other than that who was the last SF X had over 6'6"?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Dez, Dante, CJ Anderson none of them were taller than 6'6". Brown may have played some SF , but other than that who was the last SF X had over 6'6"?
    Not to mention Cheekz was our SG at 6'1'' last year, and now MHettel wants a 6'6'' SG? This isn't the NBA.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retire33 View Post
    He from South Kent, CT is a former or currently courted recruit from there too? I want to say Chris Thomas was from there or up there at school for a while. Any chance this recruitment is a push for Thomas recommittment?
    you'd have a better shot at listing the schools Chris Thomas didn't attend than the ones he did.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Dez had freakish athleticism. We had 2 studs in the backcourt, and Dez didnt really show an ability to shoot like a guard. He projects to be an NBA 2. I think he played the 3 out of convienece.

Dante was a good player and a great teammate. But his production was horrible. I'm not looking for another Dante.

CJ had a VERY unique game. Extremely strong in his ability to finish inside, but realistically was probably below average in nearly every other skill on the floor (solid rebounder).

I would like to win championships. You know what teams win championships? Teams with 6'9" SFs and 6'6" SGs. I just think 6'6" is too small for SF, UNLESS he's brining some crazy specific skill (dead-eye shooter, Derrick Brown hops, unbeleiveable slasher....)

Banned
    You know what teams win championships? Teams with 6'9" SFs and 6'6" SGs.

UK won the championship last year with Doron Lamb (6 '4) at SG and Darius Miller (6 '7) at SF.

Uconn won it two years ago with Shabazz Napier (6 '1) at SG and Jeremy Lamb (6 '4) at SF.

Duke won it in 2010 with Nolan Smith (6 '2) at SG and Kyle Singler (6 '8) at SF.

North Carolina won it in 2009 with Wayne Ellington (6 '4) at SG and Danny Green (6 '5) at SF

Kansas won it in 2008 with Mario Chalmers (6 '1) at SG and Brandon Rush (6 '6) at SF

I'm not sure how much further back i should go before it becomes apparent that you're blatantly wrong. Of the past 5 national champions none of them had a SG at 6 '6 or above and none of them had a SF at 6 '9 or above. Hell only one team had a player within an inch of the heights you say championship teams need at that position and that was Duke with Kyle Singler.

In summary, you are wrong and it really isnt close.

I'm not looking for another Dante.
    Dante Jackson was a champion. I'm looking for more of those.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015