Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Presidential Debate V3

I missed it, fill me in. I decided the gym was more important last night so I skipped it but heard from various network people about it.

What does the XHoops say about it? Good/bad, happy or disappointed in you candidate or are you the rare undecided voter who made or did not make your choice?

Horses and bayonets! Also, submarines go underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC 08 View Post
    Horses and bayonets! Also, submarines go underwater.
    WTF?

Good lord, I guess there was another stupid one liner people are focusing on.

Wasn't stupid actually. Was just Obama explaining how our military works to Romney. It was a really good quote.

We have these things called aircraft carriers and planes land on them.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BBC 08 View Post
    Wasn't stupid actually. Was just Obama explaining how our military works to Romney. It was a really good quote.
    It was actually a very condescending quote. Instead of actually giving us his policy he goes for the cute soundbite and starts talking to Romney like he's a 5 year-old. Now I know I've made my share of smart-ass comments, but a Presidential debate is hardly the place for this crap. Instead of snarky comments, how about actually telling us why you think Romney's policies are outdated.

But hey, you have your cute little soundbite, so we'll see how far that gets us when it actually comes time to make policy if Obama gets a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    It was actually a very condescending quote. Instead of actually giving us his policy he goes for the cute soundbite and starts talking to Romney like he's a 5 year-old. Now I know I've made my share of smart-ass comments, but a Presidential debate is hardly the place for this crap. Instead of snarky comments, how about actually telling us why you think Romney's policies are outdated.

But hey, you have your cute little soundbite, so we'll see how far that gets us when it actually comes time to make policy if Obama gets a second term.
    There's smart ass crap in debates all the time. The highlights from Reagan's were all smart ass and pretty damn funny. Romney told the president in the first debate that he has five sons, so he knows what it is like to be lied to.

Not sure why this was any worse. Probably because you don't like the president.

Freshman
    [/QUOTE]Not sure why this was any worse. Probably because you don't like the president.[/QUOTE]

Whereas it's likely that the people that liked the comment do like the President. All in the eye of the beholder.

Not sure why this was any worse. Probably because you don't like the president.[/QUOTE]

Whereas it's likely that the people that liked the comment do like the President. All in the eye of the beholder.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    There's smart ass crap in debates all the time. The highlights from Reagan's were all smart ass and pretty damn funny. Romney told the president in the first debate that he has five sons, so he knows what it is like to be lied to.

Not sure why this was any worse. Probably because you don't like the president.
    Or maybe because I don't think there's any place for talking down to someone in a Presidential debate. Or maybe it's because I live in Ohio and getting bombarded with nothing but negative ads.

I've watched CNN for the past couple debates and what is interesting is whenever one of the two start with the negative crap, the little bars tracking how much people like what is being said goes way down. I know it's completely unscientific but it's still interesting.