Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    He's quoting Dumb and Dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by wkrq59 View Post
    Austrian or Australian??
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC 08 View Post
    He's quoting Dumb and Dumber.
    Q, you gotta look out for these young, clever, sporty fellows. They know their pop culture, just like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

From the Puerto Rican Basketball League:

Atleticos get Holloway - Mar 19, 2014

Atleticos de San German signed Tu Holloway (182-G-89, agency: R.H.Consultancy, college: Xavier) and made his preseason debut today against Bayamon. He is expected to be on the team until Tyshawn Taylor finishes in the D-League. Holloway played in Belgium for Leuven this season and averaged 17.3 points and 3.5 assists in 19 games. He also has experience in Turkey with Aliaga Petkim. His college career was at Xavier where he showed great skills on offense and averaged 17.5 poi...** [read more]
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

F Tyshawn Taylor. You don't dump Tu for Tyshawn!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    F Tyshawn Taylor. You don't dump Tu for Tyshawn!
    Tu for T, and T for Tu
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Walk-On
    BJ Raymond just finished his season yesterday, scoring 16 points and grabbing 11 rebounds in the fourth final and winning the Finnish championship.

For those who don’t know, BJ played the season 2013-2014 in Finland in a town called Tampere just two hours north of Helsinki. The local team Tampereen Pyrintö started the season as one of 3 teams that were considered as favourites to win the Finnish domestic league. Pyrintö also took part in the Baltic league, something that could be compared to maybe CBI or CIT with the Euroleage being the NCAA’s, i.e. a forth or fifth ranked European competion. They finished fourth in the baltic league, getting some good tough games during the course preparing them for the Finnish playoffs.

Tampereen Pyrintö finished the regular season with the record 38 wins and 6 losses, good for first place in the standings and home court advantage throughout the playoffs. BJ Raymonds stats for the 44 regular season games were 30 MPG / 17,3 PPG/ 7,3 RPG / 1,8 APG shooting 56,2 % from two, 41,6 % from three and 76,9 % for free throws. He led the team in scoring, but the strenght of the team was excellent balance with three other guys averaging between 14 and 17 ppg. BJ played mostly at SF, but also some at the four when the team went small. During the season BJ Raymond won the player of the month award in december. In 13 playoff games (Pyrintö winning first round 3-1, semi-finals 3-2 and finals 3-1) BJ averaged 32 minutes, 16,5 points and 7,0 rebounds (shooting 44% / 38,9% / 81,7%).

A very good season for BJ from start to finish; always showing up, competing and playing good team ball and of course representing him well on and off the court. One more the Xavier faithfull can be really proud off. We’ll see where he will play next season, as the season he just had is certainly going to get him some offers from better paying leagues. In Finland the foreign pros usually get between maybe 25.000 - 50.000 USD for the season, although lately some of the bigger teams have been able to pay above that in some cases. If you don’t spend too much on booze&bitches most of that can be saved as apartment and meals are usually taken care off. Anyway, I’m certain the Pyrintö fans would love to have him back.

BJ Raymond game-by-game season 2013-2014

Thank you for that Nutter.

I never thought I'd ever type these words but... Kenny Frease is on NBATV and just scored a point.

Yes, it's Summer league but still.

Posey just got added to the Cavs coaching staff. Nice work by him. He was previously an assistant in the D-League with the Canton Charge.

Walk-On

BJ Raymond is playing for Pallacanestro Biella in Italy, on of the most stylish teams around apparently.