Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Stan Burrell is now in Israel playing for Bnei Herzeliya. I went to the game his team played in Moscow a few weeks ago, but he didn't make the trip because of some conflict with the new coach and shortly after that moved to Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    Stan Burrell is now in Israel playing for Bnei Herzeliya. I went to the game his team played in Moscow a few weeks ago, but he didn't make the trip because of some conflict with the new coach and shortly after that moved to Israel.
    Yeah, he had a one year deal with the Turkish team he was on and for whatever reason, not onthe same page with his coach for a while. Really don't know why because he prepares like a Mother and plays hard always. Maybe the system just didn't fit.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Links to Old Players

I tweeted back and forth with him. He said it wasn't a good fit for him or the team, so he decided to take a buy out, and get a fresh start in Israel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tim Hardaway hates Dayton.

So, C.J. is playing with Graves on the Gem City Slam, alongside Norman Plummer. Here's what their Facebook page had to say about their first win of the season: "Highlights included a steal and coast to coast fast break dunk by Guard A.D. Graves in the first quarter. Forward C.J. Anderson commits highway robbery with a steal and assist in the form of a beautiful behind the back pass to Center/Forward Norman Plummer for a layup before the half. Anderson also delivered a crowd pleasing layup as the ball teetered on the edge of the rim for a moment before gracing the basket with its presence, and there it was."

Graves went for 24 pts, Anderson had 21 & 10.

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    So, C.J. is playing with Graves on the Gem City Slam, alongside Norman Plummer. Here's what their Facebook page had to say about their first win of the season: "Highlights included a steal and coast to coast fast break dunk by Guard A.D. Graves in the first quarter. Forward C.J. Anderson commits highway robbery with a steal and assist in the form of a beautiful behind the back pass to Center/Forward Norman Plummer for a layup before the half. Anderson also delivered a crowd pleasing layup as the ball teetered on the edge of the rim for a moment before gracing the basket with its presence, and there it was."

Graves went for 24 pts, Anderson had 21 & 10.
    Odd choice of words, and I wonder how big this crowd is. Bus Trip?
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    Odd choice of words, and I wonder how big this crowd is. Bus Trip?
    It can't be very big. They play games here.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't use a high school gym. There was a semi-pro team a few years ago that played at Trent Arena in Kettering.

Mark Lyons left his French team to play for a Croatian club, Zadar. Scored 13 pts in 12 min in his debut.

Graves and C.J., meanwhile, continue to stuff the statsheet for the Gem City Slam. The team is undefeated, averaging 113 pts/gm.

Travis Taylor won All-Star Game MVP honors in the Austrian league he plays in

Links to Old Players

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Travis Taylor won All-Star Game MVP honors in the Austrian league he plays in
    Austria, eh? Throw another shrimp on the Barbie!
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    Austria, eh? Throw another shrimp on the Barbie!
    Austrian or Australian??