Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roddy Peters

Roddy Peters

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    NOPE, ZERO RECRUITS, WE ALL ARE GOING TO DIE IN A CLASS OF ZERO. (Mayans called it right I tell ya)
    It was aimed to be more sarcastic, but at this point I really don't know who else X is looking at for 2013 other than Patterson.

Quote Originally Posted by nkymuskie View Post
    It looks like Roddy Peters is going to commit to Maryland tomorrow morning at 9:00 am after an in home visit with their coach tonight.

Xavier has to eventually land someone right? Right?
    At this point we may want to start looking for transfers. I've never seen such a successful program have such a hard time recruiting players. Something ain't right and things must be worse than we thought.

Two things...spoiled fan base that thinks that thinks there should never be any challenges and way too much obsessing over recruiting and rankings.

You would think that Xavier had never been able to win in the past because they didn't get the "Top 100" player. You would also think that the world is ending because a 17 year old kid decides to go to one of the other 341 Division One schools than Xavier. Finally, you would have to conclude that Xavier will have no players to field a team with at all next year because we haven't gotten a commitment yet from a 2013 enrollee.

You know, I never seem to ever seem to remember that any "recruiting guru" ever slobbered over BJ Raymond, Stanley Burrell or Jason Love. I also never seem to see that any "big recruit" commits to Wisconsin, for example. But BJ, Stanley and JLove were pretty damn good and Wisconsin always seems to make the NCAA tournament.

I refuse to get too caught up in ratings, rankings or whether one guy will save the program. I prefer to focus on whether the guys we have are working hard, competing and getting better every day. I still trust our coaches. We had one hell of a recruiting class that came in this year that got "NCAA'd" but we'll have 'em all next year. CMack can recruit. We'll get players we need. If not Peters, someone else.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Banned
    he's maryland bound according to evan daniels.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Something ain't right and things must be worse than we thought.
    This is stuff that just kills me to no end. We lose a player who lives in the same county of an ACC school with a new good coach who has made it a priority to land local kids. There was one difference that the number 1 and number 2 players in the country had a relationship with the coach and there was a chance Xavier could get this kid if said players picked Maryland.

They didn't.

Maryland has one 2013 recruit to their class right now. Something must have been worse then those fans thought there.

There was a likelihood we would have lost this player to Maryland regardless of what happened here. How is it today, as opposed to last week, that things are worse then we thought simply because this kid decided he wasn't going to play basketball?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    This is stuff that just kills me to no end. We lose a player who lives in the same county of an ACC school with a new good coach who has made it a priority to land local kids. There was one difference that the number 1 and number 2 players in the country had a relationship with the coach and there was a chance Xavier could get this kid if said players picked Maryland.

They didn't.

Maryland has one 2013 recruit to their class right now. Something must have been worse then those fans thought there.

There was a likelihood we would have lost this player to Maryland regardless of what happened here. How is it today, as opposed to last week, that things are worse then we thought simply because this kid decided he wasn't going to play basketball?
    I think a lot of the discontent stems from the fact that there doesn't really appear to be anyone seriously on the radar right now other than Patterson and even he doesn't seem like a lock. It's not that X doesn't have any commitments, its that there really isnt anyone on the radar.

Obviously we all know recruiting and that can change at the drop of a hat, but for a program who is already going to be severely shorthanded this year, i can see how not really having anyone in the pipeline has some concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by xlax View Post
    I think a lot of the discontent stems from the fact that there doesn't really appear to be anyone seriously on the radar right now other than Patterson and even he doesn't seem like a lock. It's not that X doesn't have any commitments, its that there really isnt anyone on the radar.

Obviously we all know recruiting and that can change at the drop of a hat, but for a program who is already going to be severely shorthanded this year, i can see how not really having anyone in the pipeline has some concerned.
    We have Patterson and the Richards kid from Jersey. We have Myles and Reynolds coming in next season. We don't know who else is on the radar.

We lose out on recruits. We always have. We have to refill the pipeline. We always have.

Why can't we wait and see what we have at the end of 2013 and see how the season plays out before we start acting like everything is going downhill?

Relax.

Peters is a PG. We have Dee and Semaj, both who will be here for a while. We could use a combo guard in this class to go along with Myles Davis. I would like to see Patterson come, if nothing else but to quiet the burgeoning riot from some quarters.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xlax View Post
    Davis and Reynolds ought to be around next season. I think it would be fair to consider them two members of the 2013 class.

On the other hand ... Whether Peters going to Maryland was a fait accompli or not, it is hard to argue with the fact that X's staff has missed on every one of the priority recruits that were on the board, say, six months ago. And lost Thomas to boot. Patterson, after all, was an IU commit until the very last minute. I don't know how you can look at that and not at least raise an eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    Davis and Reynolds ought to be around next season. I think it would be fair to consider them two members of the 2013 class.

On the other hand ... Whether Peters going to Maryland was a fait accompli or not, it is hard to argue with the fact that X's staff has missed on every one of the priority recruits that were on the board, say, six months ago. And lost Thomas to boot. Patterson, after all, was an IU commit until the very last minute. I don't know how you can look at that and not at least raise an eyebrow.
    We landed two four star recruits for last year's class, and only one will play. We managed to miss out on a lot of recruits including one that committed last year and went to Georgetown. We filled out the rest of the class with three stars.

We might have to look at some more three stars as well.

I'm mre interested to see how the 2014 class shapes up. That's where you can start to see whether all of this will have a long term effect. I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion this quickly.