Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roddy Peters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roddy Peters

I didn't see another Roddy Peters thread - which surprised me... Please feel free to combine if there is one.

One of Roddy's other top choices, UCLA, took a commitment from another guard today. Althought small, that is a bit of good news for X.

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Red Dogg View Post
    I didn't see another Roddy Peters thread - which surprised me... Please feel free to combine if there is one.

One of Roddy's other top choices, UCLA, took a commitment from another guard today. Althought small, that is a bit of good news for X.
    UCLA is racking up a class quickly lol, that's good, maybe because we are relatively low at the guard position, it'll convince him to come to the X. He would be a nice asset with Chris Thomas in our back court...

Roddy Peters will come down to the Harrison twins. If the Harrison twins go to Maryland, Peters will be the odd man out. If the Harrison twins go to Lexington, Peters will almost certainly go to Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    Roddy Peters will come down to the Harrison twins. If the Harrison twins go to Maryland, Peters will be the odd man out. If the Harrison twins go to Lexington, Peters will almost certainly go to Maryland.
    Nice post GG. Not a single blast on Xavier's administration or anything like it in this work of prose.

Public Reps, glad to see you on your meds this morning....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Nice post GG. Not a single blast on Xavier's administration or anything like it in this work of prose.

Public Reps, glad to see you on your meds this morning....
    I forgot to mention we are gonna suck for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    I forgot to mention we are gonna suck for awhile.
    Much better....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Roddy Peters

It looks like Roddy Peters is going to commit to Maryland tomorrow morning at 9:00 am after an in home visit with their coach tonight.

Xavier has to eventually land someone right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by nkymuskie View Post
    It looks like Roddy Peters is going to commit to Maryland tomorrow morning at 9:00 am after an in home visit with their coach tonight.

NOPE, ZERO RECRUITS, WE ALL ARE GOING TO DIE IN A CLASS OF ZERO. (Mayans called it right I tell ya)

Quote Originally Posted by nkymuskie View Post

At this point we may want to start looking for transfers. I've never seen such a successful program have such a hard time recruiting players. Something ain't right and things must be worse than we thought.

Two things...spoiled fan base that thinks that thinks there should never be any challenges and way too much obsessing over recruiting and rankings.

You would think that Xavier had never been able to win in the past because they didn't get the "Top 100" player. You would also think that the world is ending because a 17 year old kid decides to go to one of the other 341 Division One schools than Xavier. Finally, you would have to conclude that Xavier will have no players to field a team with at all next year because we haven't gotten a commitment yet from a 2013 enrollee.

You know, I never seem to ever seem to remember that any "recruiting guru" ever slobbered over BJ Raymond, Stanley Burrell or Jason Love. I also never seem to see that any "big recruit" commits to Wisconsin, for example. But BJ, Stanley and JLove were pretty damn good and Wisconsin always seems to make the NCAA tournament.

I refuse to get too caught up in ratings, rankings or whether one guy will save the program. I prefer to focus on whether the guys we have are working hard, competing and getting better every day. I still trust our coaches. We had one hell of a recruiting class that came in this year that got "NCAA'd" but we'll have 'em all next year. CMack can recruit. We'll get players we need. If not Peters, someone else.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell