Sophomore

2012 Xavier Football Season Opener this Sunday

Coach Sean McCormick's second season as head coach begins this Sunday at 5:30 P.M. at Thomas More College as the Muskies take on TMC's JV team. This year's team is very young with many underclassmen. However, junior Teddy Popalisky returns at quarterback. Seniors Kyle Light and Collin Tulley add experience on the offensive line as does junior Zach Keller. Juniors LB Tyler Skeens and DB Lewis Carney return on the defense. Newcomers expected to contribute immediately include freshman Dimitri Richardson who started at CB on Neptune, New Jersey's state championship team; sophomore WR Greg Leksan (Moeller), freshman TE Ben Schiano (Waterford, Michigan), DE Garrett Collins (Goodyear, Arizona) and Chase Kauffman (Naples, Fla.). The roster includes players from local high schools (Elder, Lakota East, Moeller, LaSalle, and Sycamore) as well as 2011 national powerhouse Louisville Trinity.

I know the quarterbacks coach and he's a really good guy. I know they're all really excited about this season and I hope they do well.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by nickgyp View Post
    Coach Sean McCormick's second season as head coach begins this Sunday at 5:30 P.M. at Thomas More College as the Muskies take on TMC's JV team. This year's team is very young with many underclassmen. However, junior Teddy Popalisky returns at quarterback. Seniors Kyle Light and Collin Tulley add experience on the offensive line as does junior Zach Keller. Juniors LB Tyler Skeens and DB Lewis Carney return on the defense. Newcomers expected to contribute immediately include freshman Dimitri Richardson who started at CB on Neptune, New Jersey's state championship team; sophomore WR Greg Leksan (Moeller), freshman TE Ben Schiano (Waterford, Michigan), DE Garrett Collins (Goodyear, Arizona) and Chase Kauffman (Naples, Fla.). The roster includes players from local high schools (Elder, Lakota East, Moeller, LaSalle, and Sycamore) as well as 2011 national powerhouse Louisville Trinity.
    Good Luck to the team this year!
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook