Recruit Update 2012/13

Didn't know which thread to put this.

I don't know recruiting deadlines, but I would be interested to know from those of you who follow recruiting the following:

1 - Do we have 2 open slots on the 2012 team, and perhaps if one goes to the Cantino guy, the other will remain open because it's too late for anyone to start class?

2 - Should we have anyone committed for 2013 at this point besides Thomas? Or does that generally happen later.

(Yes, it's clear I don't follow the recruiting stuff too closely)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

11/14 through 11/21. This is the fall signing period for early signings (typically it's the bulk or all of your recruiting hall).

Correct me if I am wrong, I thought Chris Cantino was on campus and practicing already.

Yes, we probably should have another commitment or two. I think you might see a shift in focus to a 6'6-7 SF type of player who can make plays with the ball. Of course this team needs quality big men and could use a true off-guard.

I will be very worried if we don't land at least 2 legit recruits in the early signing period this year. I feel like normally we have a verbal or 2 by this point.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I will be very worried if we don't land at least 2 legit recruits in the early signing period this year. I feel like normally we have a verbal or 2 by this point.
    X does have one in Thomas. I would look for 2 more by Nov.

Recruit Update 2012/13

I believe we will have at least 4 available scholarships for next year correct? I have Trav, Jeff, and Brad plus either Lyons/Wells unused scholarship for this year correct?

Seems Davon Reed, 6'5" SG is down to 3 with X, WF, and Miami. Will visit first week of Oct.

Many recruits set personal deadlines just prior to the start of their High School season. That way they can stay focused soley on their season at hand. If recruits are going to pop, it will be between now and the then.
    Balls of Steele!!