Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AT & T National

AT & T National

The pro floggers will be ripping up the turf in PMI's backyard this weekend at Congressional. Unfortunately, our boy Jason Kokrak , although an alternate, did not make the field.

Tigger will be there as will most of the best. Who ya like?

I like looking forward to seeing PMI staggering drunk around the track as the cameras pan toward him. Maybe they'll catch him sliding under the chain link fence from his house to sneak on the course without buying a ticket......

Or maybe he'll just be a staid volunteer helping old ladies across the fairway.

Time will tell.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Of course Tiger will be out there; isn't this the tournament that he himself established and runs in the background (like Jack Nicklaus does for the Memorial)?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The pro floggers will be ripping up the turf in PMI's backyard this weekend at Congressional. Unfortunately, our boy Jason Kokrak , although an alternate, did not make the field.

Tigger will be there as will most of the best. Who ya like?

I like looking forward to seeing PMI staggering drunk around the track as the cameras pan toward him. Maybe they'll catch him sliding under the chain link fence from his house to sneak on the course without buying a ticket......

Or maybe he'll just be a staid volunteer helping old ladies across the fairway.

Time will tell.
    Normally I wouldn't have even seen this post until Monday, because I would have spent every waking hour from this morning until Sunday at the home course. Unfortunately, this year it falls on the weekend of my cousin's wedding, which means I leave for Michigan tomorrow, so I never even placed the order for tickets. If there had been cameras on me at the US Open last year, I would have lost my membership. I went in with the intention of behaving myself, despite knowing I was going to be blacked out for six straight days. 150 drinks, several incidents, and one fire later, I conceded to myself that I'm still a reckless kid who needs to grow up. A lot as happened in the year since, but I still would put none of that past myself, or my friends. Maybe a year off is just what the doctor ordered. I can take that shit show up to Traverse City instead.

As for the golf, it should be interesting. I'm still bitter as hell over how Mike Davis and his USGA cronies royally screwed over the course last year. It's a decisively better course than it was in 1997, when the US Open featured only three players under par and the winner at -4, yet it got torn apart for the world to see. They overcompensated BIG TIME in their quest to make Davis' first Open as head man more "fair," and Congressional paid the price. We may see higher scores this year to be honest. It is playing very, very fast right now, but I expect it to slow down as the week goes on and the temperatures get hotter. I hope I can get a chance to catch some of it on TV, but it will probably just depress me to know I'm not there. Bummer that Kokrak isn't in the field, but hopefully he'll be back next year and I can catch up with him and follow his rounds. I'd offer him a place to stay with the caveat that I am a terrible influence during that week.

Finally, I hope Tiger can turn in a great performance. He is comfortable at Congressional and it's his show. Like he said yesterday (I went out there and caught his presser in the clubhouse), he's playing good golf right now and doing what he needs to: keep putting himself in position every time out, because if he does, the wins will come. This is a special tournament for him that he started to honor veterans in his father's memory, and I can attest, he's always a different person this week than he is during the rest of the season, i.e. more accessible to the fans and media rather than his usual reclusive self who's only visible on the course and practice areas. Being a part of his private Q&A with about 50 others a few years ago was quite an experience that someone like me would never be able to have at any other tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Normally I wouldn't have even seen this post until Monday, because I would have spent every waking hour from this morning until Sunday at the home course. Unfortunately, this year it falls on the weekend of my cousin's wedding, which means I leave for Michigan tomorrow, so I never even placed the order for tickets. If there had been cameras on me at the US Open last year, I would have lost my membership. I went in with the intention of behaving myself, despite knowing I was going to be blacked out for six straight days. 150 drinks, several incidents, and one fire later, I conceded to myself that I'm still a reckless kid who needs to grow up. A lot as happened in the year since, but I still would put none of that past myself, or my friends. Maybe a year off is just what the doctor ordered. I can take that shit show up to Traverse City instead.

As for the golf, it should be interesting. I'm still bitter as hell over how Mike Davis and his USGA cronies royally screwed over the course last year. It's a decisively better course than it was in 1997, when the US Open featured only three players under par and the winner at -4, yet it got torn apart for the world to see. They overcompensated BIG TIME in their quest to make Davis' first Open as head man more "fair," and Congressional paid the price. We may see higher scores this year to be honest. It is playing very, very fast right now, but I expect it to slow down as the week goes on and the temperatures get hotter. I hope I can get a chance to catch some of it on TV, but it will probably just depress me to know I'm not there. Bummer that Kokrak isn't in the field, but hopefully he'll be back next year and I can catch up with him and follow his rounds. I'd offer him a place to stay with the caveat that I am a terrible influence during that week.

Finally, I hope Tiger can turn in a great performance. He is comfortable at Congressional and it's his show. Like he said yesterday (I went out there and caught his presser in the clubhouse), he's playing good golf right now and doing what he needs to: keep putting himself in position every time out, because if he does, the wins will come. This is a special tournament for him that he started to honor veterans in his father's memory, and I can attest, he's always a different person this week than he is during the rest of the season, i.e. more accessible to the fans and media rather than his usual reclusive self who's only visible on the course and practice areas. Being a part of his private Q&A with about 50 others a few years ago was quite an experience that someone like me would never be able to have at any other tournament.
    I see Tiger playing well enough to be there in the hunt Sunday afternoon.

If he can make a few putts on the back 9, I think he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Unfortunately, this year it falls on the weekend of my cousin's wedding, which means I leave for Michigan tomorrow.
    You do realize that Michigan sucks, don't you?

Just so we are on the same page....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    You do realize that Michigan sucks, don't you?

Just so we are on the same page....
    The WHOLE state?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Looks like once they cleared the USGA out, Congressional has returned to it's normal rugged state. Only 29 guys at par or better after Round One.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    The WHOLE state?
    Yup, especially the area in and around Ann Arbor.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

PMI missed a good one.

Here's a thought: can you be leading the FedEx Cup standings and still not be "back?"
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    PMI missed a good one.

Here's a thought: can you be leading the FedEx Cup standings and still not be "back?"
    I am absolutely convinced Tiger is going to re-injure himself sooner than later. Some of the swings he made today involved an incredible amount of torque. I understand he's in good shape and trains with discipline, etc., but he's going to end up blowing himself up somewhere along the way, attempting a miracle shot.
    X A V I E R