Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I'll say it if no one else has the guts...I blame George Bush.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Williams was a lot f things but conference seemed to be the thing that really hurt us. Rysheed Jordan is no longer considering X.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Williams was a lot f things but conference seemed to be the thing that really hurt us. Rysheed Jordan is no longer considering X.
    And some people wonder why I watch the conference realignment thing so much and otherwise want us in the BE. Imagine where our recruiting would be if we were there already.

Notwithstanding recent turmoil, Chris Mack has done an extraordinary job of getting a number of kids to consider Xavier that never would have considered X in the past. He's been able to elevate the program above its conference affiliation. Operating at this level, it has to be understood that our batting percentage for attracting commits will go down. Nonetheless, at the end of the day, can he still bring in enough high quality recruits? Can he flow them into the program in staged recruiting classes to provide balance and continuity?

In an earlier post around here, someone pointed out that the diamond in the rough strategy was less available to programs simply due to the Internet and the amount of information it spews out there now. It was a great point. The idea that you could locate a Brian Grant out of Georgetown, OH without Ohio State finding out about it now is ludicrous.

I'm not worried about the effect of the recent turmoil on the program. I want to see if Chris can still recruit logical "team recruits" into the program that positions us for success. In other words, and I understand this is a little abstract, does a solid flow of 3'Star recruits trump the occasional 5-Star recruit that otherwise gets back filled with others that we otherwise would not have taken, except for the fact that the misses on higher rated players forced us to take them.
    X A V I E R

Why is Jordan not considering the X?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Why is Jordan not considering the X?
    The Dez situation hurt us in this one.

The Dez situation hurt us in this one.
    Duh.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

DC always has to get the last word in. Its become comical.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/rysheed...seven-schools/

“Helllo againn my final 7 schools rrr temple,St johns,Syracuse,rutgers, xavier,alabama, ucla, if wasnt clear ur hearing from my mouth,”
    - Bob Sacamano

It is nice to see our name even being mentioned on the list of these players. Sure, it might be in name only, and it only really matters if they actually end up here.

But a lot of people, including other players read this stuff and Xavier is still out there on the minds of people who pay a lot less attention to the minutia.

Playing time is also a big consideration on many of these players list of considerations, so another player de-committing can have a positive effect in that regard.

So I guess I should rephrase my original premise - it only matters if it ultimately brings in a higher quality of recruit. That has seemed to be happening. Now we just need to keep them and actually get them on the court (basketball not criminal).