View Poll Results: Will You Attend the Crosstown Classic This Coming Season?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 40.68%
  • No

70 59.32%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Is this a real question or are you joking?

Because the old deal was we keep 100% of what we sell in our arena.

Basically if Xavier fails to sell their tickets because some fans do not want to watch the game in dump downtown, the fans will be blamed. That's awesome.

So people in charge can move the venue, come up with a deal where we get what we sell, which would be half of the tickets, and that's a fair deal.

Again, awesome. Assuming of course that is in fact the deal.
    The game is never going to have the same atmosphere as it had when played on either campus. Not sure I would called the arena a "dump".

It will have plenty of parking and now will have the Banks as a positive draw for those wanting to eat and drink before the game.

Still want it on campus. But, all things considered, this is better than having no game at all I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    The game is never going to have the same atmosphere as it had when played on either campus. Not sure I would called the arena a "dump".

It will have plenty of parking and now will have the Banks as a positive draw for those wanting to eat and drink before the game.

Still want it on campus. But, all things considered, this is better than having no game at all I guess.
    I completely get the idea that "well yeah it's better than no game at all." That's just not me I guess. I don't think we have to give up a good thing simply for made up reasons and somehow that is acceptable. Anyway...

US Bank is a dump.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Is this a real question or are you joking?

Because the old deal was we keep 100% of what we sell in our arena.

Basically if Xavier fails to sell their tickets because some fans do not want to watch the game in dump downtown, the fans will be blamed. That's awesome.

So people in charge can move the venue, come up with a deal where we get what we sell, which would be half of the tickets, and that's a fair deal.

Again, awesome. Assuming of course that is in fact the deal.
    Agreed. This whole thing is still a big time losing situation in my mind. And yes, US Bank is truly a dump.

Certainly not going now!

Well, this was pretty even for awhile, it seems the scales are tipping towards "No" with the whole Dez situation.

After all this with Dez, Lyons, and all, UC must surely think this is there year. Time to send their fans running back to the Banks at 9pm to gather in the Holy Grail for some group therapy.
    - David Bowers ('95)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It should say "Will you be there? Will you hear?"