The Tu Holloway Thread

Share your memories of Tu and follow his professional development.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I'll start.

Tu Holloway is a badass. Here are just a few reasons why:

10-10 free throw shooting in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Championship victory over Memphis

26 points (including 3 free throw shots at the end of regulation to send the game into OT) versus Kansas State in the Sweet 16

Holloway was the only player in NCAA Division I basketball to record two triple-doubles during the 2010-2011 season

2010-2011 AP, Fox Sports, and Sporting News 3rd Team All-American

2010-2011 A-10 POY

Steel Balls clutch shot over Notre Dame's Jack Cooley in 1st round of 2012 NCAA Tournament

3rd on Xavier’s all-time assist list with 550 assists

6th on XU’s all-time scoring list with 1,833 career points

Won 100 games during his Xavier career including four NCAA Tournament appearances and three Sweet 16s

Tu Holloway is a badass.

Mazel Tov!

Tu Holloway and Mark Lyons are now rivals in Israel.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Holloway was the only player in NCAA Division I basketball to record two triple-doubles during the 2010-2011 season

My daughter still talks about that game. She was (is still) young and wondered why everyone was cheering so loudly. I explained to her what he had accomplished, how hard it was to do, and that it was awesome to see in person. She gathered it all in then said to me "Wow. That's really cool. I'm glad I was here to see that happen". Still talks about it every time she comes with me to the Cintas - "Remember that time when Holloway got a triple double?"

Good times.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post

My daughter still talks about that game. She was (is still) young and wondered why everyone was cheering so loudly. I explained to her what he had accomplished, how hard it was to do, and that it was awesome to see in person. She gathered it all in then said to me "Wow. That's really cool. I'm glad I was here to see that happen". Still talks about it every time she comes with me to the Cintas - "Remember that time when Holloway got a triple double?"

Good times.
    Would have had another triple double had a certain Griffin Mckenzie not grabbed his 10th rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Mazel Tov!

February 26th they face off.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Would have had another triple double had a certain Griffin Mckenzie not grabbed his 10th rebound.
    yeah the one time McKenzie actually grabbed a rebound......he shouldn't have

I was hoping he magically had more eligibility and was going to help out tomorrow. We could use it....

Those guys are really getting around! Playing hoops and seeing the world!

Junior
    Steel Ballz
    zip em up

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Mazel Tov!

Tel Aviv is a fun city. It's remarkable, because despite conflict all around it still feels like a bubble when you're there.

Jerusalem is actually pretty similar in that regard, except the reason you feel relatively safe is: 1. You're American and they want your money. 2. If anyone screws up in Jerusalem it will immediately lead to war, so most everyone is on their best behavior.

Now Bethlehem on the other hand...
    zip em up