Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ESPN mentioned him last night in a promo for the game against the Griz, which is tonight I think.

It is actually on right now. It is MLK Jr. Day which means NBA all day today.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Story in the Star about how the Pacers want to resign him
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

DWest has had a great season with the Pacers, and is a near perfect fit for that team. I hope he can finish his career as a Pacer, but I also hope they can assemble even more talent around him. I would love to see him get a championship ring and don't think they have enough players to get there right now.

It will be interesting to see the offers he gets at the end of this free agent season. He isn't necessarily motivated by money, and if he has a chance to go to a contender, I expect him to jump at the chance. There should be a lot of teams looking at DWest this summer.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Junior
    It depends on the $$ he's looking for. But yeah, i wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up as a role-player on a championship contender.

I don't want to damn him with faint praise, but he's what...the 3rd or 4th best player on a championship team? He brings a lot to the table though -- floor-spacing with his shooting, along wtih defense of both face-up and post forwards, leadership....and doesn't really take a lot off the table. He needs another rebounder paired with him, though, since he spends a fair amount of time away from the basket.

I haven't looked at stats to really back this up, but my recollection is that Posey and Grant both got better with age. DFW is a tweener though. Doesn't have deep range like Dirk, and isn't a banger that gets you a bunch of boards like Hill.

My money is on him staying with the Pacers. Just a hunch. He had the chance to go somewhere else when he signed with the Pacers (Boston I believe).

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    David has 30 in the third quarter against the Heat. Putting on a clinic.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

The only thing better than watching David West dominate in a game is watching him dominate against LeBron and the Heat. The only thing better than that is knowing Lance McAllister was there with his son to watch the Heat. Any time a Xavier player can dominate while Lance is present is an added bonus.

Celebrate David West!!!! Talk about your role models. Great community guy with his contributions and working with kids. Comes back from crippling injuries to star once again. I guess I'm an old fart but I just don't get why we celebrate bums, killers and drug abusers over the true heroes in our midst. I may not even watch the SB this year 'cuz I can't stand the thought of watching that asshole scream and cry @ midfield while the press showers him with praise. 6 kids and 4 baby momma's (he never even bothered to marry one of them). They defend him 'cuz he is their lottery ticket come true. Acquitted for Murder 'cuz he paid the family off. Put him in the HOF now. Can you believe Goodell wants to hire him as a "special advisor." ? OMG. What's next? Making stars of people with zero talent who happen to be buxom and have big boobs? That could never happen.

Celebrate David West!!!!!!! Erect the statues now! God Bless the REAL heroes.
    2023 Sweet 16