Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Junior
    This thread can't be complete without this pic:

westtattoo_zoom.jpg

I remember the chills I got when reading about how he announced his return to Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    This thread can't be complete without this pic:

westtattoo_zoom.jpg

I remember the chills I got when reading about how he announced his return to Xavier.
    "Were you there..........Did you hear?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Nice article on West from the Indianapolis Star: http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...ting-his-peers
    (hope I posted the link properly). The Pacers have been pretty disappointing this year but would be Fordhamesque without David Freaking West.

The year West came out, I called a Seatlle Sports radio station and tried to convince the Host that the Sonics should take West. The Sonics had the 12th and 14th picks. The host laughed at me and said there is a long list of players who were far better than West, namely Michael Sweetney.

The Sonics took Luke Ridnour and Nick Collison. And started down the path towards OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    The year West came out, I called a Seatlle Sports radio station and tried to convince the Host that the Sonics should take West. The Sonics had the 12th and 14th picks. The host laughed at me and said there is a long list of players who were far better than West, namely Michael Sweetney.

The Sonics took Luke Ridnour and Nick Collison. And started down the path towards OKC.
    And since that fateful day, you've known always to trust your gut instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

NBA GM's need to stop listening to sports talk radio hosts when it comes to making decisions on the draft.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

David got his first career triple-double last night in a win over the Bobcats: 14 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists. The Pacers and Nets are playing right now on NBA TV, too.

Sophomore
    Another article about him from New Jersey. He's having a really good year.

http://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessandro...atforward.html

Long feature on West from NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/david...-finish-part-i

I live in the state of Indiana (north) and although it is not necessarily a hotbed of Pacer fandom (Chicago and Notre Dame dominate and some Michigan interest) there are 5/10-second blurbs of the games on the 'news' - such as it is.

You would not know David West was even on the team. I do not recall one time his name was mentioned in the quick recaps. The always mention the score and name one or two players' stats from each game. I do not pay much attention to NBA, but if I wasn't on this site I would not even know DFW was still in the league.

Shameful!