Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: VCU to the A10

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yes, I am more worried about VCU than I am about Butler, and I'm less excited by their upside. And I could end up being completely wrong.

And there were certainly some probably well-founded concerns that Xavier would not be able to compete in the A-10 back in '95. Happily, we know how that turned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    I think it's a better program than Butler with a higher upside and will make a lot more money. If I had to choose one of the two new additions to have a tougher time adjusting to the A10, I'd choose Butler. Not that I think BU will struggle badly or anything, but I think VCU comes from a better conference, is just as well-coached, and is in a better long-term situation financially and recruiting-wise.
    Put me in the same camp as PMI; I have less concerns about VCU than Butler, and I do not have too many concerns about Butler.

I first became aware of VCU back in 1978 in the pre widespread conference days when I saw them lose to St. Bona's at the buzzer in the ECAC-South(?) tourney final for a bid to the NCAA's. They were also very competitive in the original Sun Belt which was a good conference at the time. VCU is good every year. I think the A10 affiliation will help their recruiting.

My only concern with VCU is that it is based in Richmond. Richmond used to be the capital of the confederacy. If we are to believe that the south will rise again, I would be concerned that we will have to burn Richmond to the ground...

Again.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I would be concerned that we will have to burn Richmond to the ground...

Again.
    Dez Wells will handle that little chore....on his own when he's en fuego.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

VCU is now coming aboard immediately. Some extra work for the schedule-makers.

Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    VCU is now coming aboard immediately. Some extra work for the schedule-makers.
    SO Xavier will probably get Dayton and SLU twice.

Hope VCU comes to Cintas this season.

Where do you see they are coming aboard immediately? Everything in the "regular" press is saying they would come aboard in 2013.

Press conference in an hour anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Where do you see they are coming aboard immediately? Everything in the "regular" press is saying they would come aboard in 2013.

Press conference in an hour anyway.
    Julian Coltre ‏ @J_Coltre92

@CAASports commissioner Tom Yeager confirms that VCU will leave THIS SUMMER for the Atlantic 10 (A10) conference.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    Julian Coltre ‏ @J_Coltre92

@CAASports commissioner Tom Yeager confirms that VCU will leave THIS SUMMER for the Atlantic 10 (A10) conference.
    They won't be elgible for the CAA tournament, so maybe have to jump now.
    2023 Sweet 16

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    15 teams is going to make for interesting scheduling - unless Temple suddenly decides they want to join the Big East a year early for all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    15 teams is going to make for interesting scheduling - unless Temple suddenly decides they want to join the Big East a year early for all sports.
    I was thinking that myself. It might be possible; right now, the Big East is at 15 teams, so going back to 16 with Temple allows for the same scheduling.

If not, you just have teams play 2 others twice and everyone else once. So X probably plays SLU and UD twice.