Jermaine Lawrence (offer)

Forward
    Ht:6'9"
    Wt:180 lbs
    Class:2013
    Sparta, NJ

He's #64 on Rivals 2013 rankings. XU and many other offered a while back and 5 more teams offered over the weekend. The article says "the senior forward" but he's listed in the Class of 2013.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1360845

hes a good player but if we land devin williams(very good chance we will) and kris jenkins their may be no room for him. still a long way to go

And I thought I was skinny in high school at 6'5" and 170.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    If you looked at the list of universities he is interested, it shows that he has LOW interest in XU.
    Scout doesn't even have XU listed on his schools of interest. Looks to me like he is interested only in BCS Conference schools.
    I don't think I will hold my breath waiting for him to commit to X.

His loss!

GO MUSKIES!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." Goethe

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by #BeatUC View Post
    hes a good player but if we land devin williams(very good chance we will) and kris jenkins their may be no room for him. still a long way to go
    Why are you so excited about Kris Jenkins. He is listed as 6'5". Do you really think a 6'5" guy can be that effective at the high D1 level?

Do you recall TJ Johnson? He was as tough as nails and worked his but off. He was highly ranked coming out of Oak Hill Acedemy. But - He had no upside and when we played UCLA in the NCAA Trny, he was totally out played by their 6'9" power forwards.

I sincerely hope Chris Mack goes for someone who is longer than this guy.

GO MUSKIES!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." Goethe

Mack should stay on the guy in case he goes through a growth spurt ala Posey. On Scout Lawrence does not list XU as a possibility. Rivals is just a shell of it's former self. Scout is much more reliable.

Edit: Qualify that I don't pay for any service. I don't know if the premium pages say differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Benxman View Post
    Why are you so excited about Kris Jenkins. He is listed as 6'5". Do you really think a 6'5" guy can be that effective at the high D1 level?

Do you recall TJ Johnson? He was as tough as nails and worked his but off. He was highly ranked coming out of Oak Hill Acedemy. But - He had no upside and when we played UCLA in the NCAA Trny, he was totally out played by their 6'9" power forwards.

I sincerely hope Chris Mack goes for someone who is longer than this guy.

GO MUSKIES!

Your post tells me that you've never seen Kris Jenkins play. Trust me, there are great reasons that he is the top priority of Mack and the staff. I've been watching him closely his entire high school career and he is every bit of the real deal. To answer your question, yes, I think this 6'5" guy can not only be effective at the high D1 level, but be a star player. Last time Mack and I watched this kid at the same time he hit something like 5 or 6 straight threes against our rival, DeMatha, which has one of the best high school programs in America. He finished with nearly 30 points that night and dominated their big guy who's going to Syracuse on defense, who had 3 or 4 inches on Kris. Knock this kid at your own risk, but he's special.

Charles Barkley says a 6'5 big man can be good at any level.