Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I still fondly remember the time where Minnesota let the clock expire and someone jumped up and got their pick in before Minnesota (who has 15 minutes already).
    That was jut a few years ago, andif I'm not mistaken, they did it twice.

2 guys taken in the first round, and the Gamecocks are getting cheap rooms at the local motel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...carolina-ncaa/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

The Bengals draft is getting a good rating from the "experts".

I think the key is whether either Sanu or Jones (preferrably both) can produce at wideout. Losing both Caldwell and Simpson means at least one these guys has to produce.

Losing both Rucker and Fanane means they had to do something on the D line too, and I think they did a good job there.

I like the selection of the TE in round 4 actually. He looks like a player who could be another serious threat in the passing game.

I was surprised by the TE pick, but I guess he was rated higher than the wide receivers left. Worse comes to worst at the WR position the Bengals can go with more two-TE sets. That sounds weird after the Bengals went over a decade not even knowing what a TE was, let alone throwing to one.

Kirkpatrick will never be as good as Joseph was, but as long as he's better than the geriatrics we'll have in camp I'll try not to judge him too harshly this year. I think the D-line could be better if Still is as good as advertised. The Bengals always seem to have some luck with free agent linebackers, hopefully that will continue this year. That safety Iloka is almost linebacker size.

Overall, not bad. Hopefully a better O-line will help the offense improve since I'm not sure the skill positions are any better.
    No, I be concubining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I know Cleveland was scared that they would and hence the trade, but apparently the only people that were convinced that Tampa was making a move were all pissing their pants in Cleveland's draft room. They got themselves all worked up. Either that, or Minnesota played them.
    So I have Browns GM, Tom Heckert on one side and "Jumpy" on the other. Gosh, I just don't know who's evidence I should trust.
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Delkus View Post
    So I have Browns GM, Tom Heckert on one side and "Jumpy" on the other. Gosh, I just don't know who's evidence I should trust.
    Lol. Yeah. You keep buying that pile of crap that the browns are trying to sell. Being a bengals fan, I've lived through it myself. It's pretty obvious what his "evidence" will say because they put their own fresh brown stains in their collective underwear to sell out their draft and move up one spot.

Even if taken at face value and they had to fight off Tampa for the rights to have Trent Richardson waste his career in the mistake on the lake, they were still wrong in doing so. Their roster is full of so many holes, they need all the draft picks they can get. I could lead a team of replacement players to victory against the browns.

Lol. Yeah. You keep buying that pile of crap that the browns are trying to sell. Being a bengals fan, I've lived through it myself. It's pretty obvious what his "evidence" will say because they put their own fresh brown stains in their collective underwear to sell out their draft and move up one spot.

Even if taken at face value and they had to fight off Tampa for the rights to have Trent Richardson waste his career in the mistake on the lake, they were still wrong in doing so. Their roster is full of so many holes, they need all the draft picks they can get. I could lead a team of replacement players to victory against the browns.
    Awwwww...I get it now. Glad I caught it before I continued this thread. "Fresh brown stains", "mistake on the lake", and the kicker, "Springfield".

Please return to your regularly scheduled viewing of Springer.
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Looked like they rolled the dice on this guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...163103437.html

but, then nothing to lose.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Looked like they rolled the dice on this guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...163103437.html

but, then nothing to lose.

Hindsight is always 20-20. The bengals weren't the only ones to pass on Moss- for good reason. The guy had major character concerns.
    I criticize the Bengals a lot, but I don't criticize them for not taking Moss. Pretty close to the entire league passed on him because of his character issues.

And let's face it. If he had gone to an organization like the Bengals, he more likely would have have failed. At least with the Vikings, he had Cris carter watching over him.

As for the rest of the Bengals draft, I see they got another questionable character with Fitzpatrick. A guy with Pro Football Weekly said that some people wonder if the reason the Bengals draft so many "character issue" guys is because the Bengals have such a small staff, they just aren't aware of some of the character problems.

As for the debate as to whether the Steelers or the Bengals got the better guard, the Steelers have a history of developing players, the Bengals, not so much. At least the Bengals guy doesn't have any character issues like the last lineman they drafted in the first round- the fat guy from Alabama who to date has been a semi-bust.

I still remember thinking when the Bengals took Rivers one pick before the Patriots took Mayo a few years back that Mayo would be better simply because he was going to a great organization and Rivers was going to a lousy organization. Mayo is all-pro. Rivers just got traded for a fifth round pick