Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Davon Reed - SG (Offered)

Ht: 6-5 Wt: 185
    Position: SG
    AAU Team: Team Final
    High School: Princeton Day School (Princeton, NJ )

This kid looks to have nice size for a SG and can really hit the 3. Scout has him as #62 overall and the #13 SG. Rivals has him as #80 overall.

Several teams have offered, most teams interested are in the NE/NJ area plus a few more like UC, WVU and us. We'll see how it plays out.

Sophomore
    With Thomas likely to decommit as Rasheen leaves, we may really want to go after this kid as hard as we were before Thomas committed.

I think this guy would be a helluva pick up, it just depends whose going after him now. Rasheen was our best recruiter, so hopefully Mack and company can figure out what to do..

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/06/12/d...ht/#more-74729

According to Davon's blog post on Zagoria's page XU has made it to his final 8 schools. We are competing with Louisville, UC, UConn, Memphis, Miami (FL), Harvard, and Wake Forest.

"I see these select schools providing me with a great education, a chance to compete for a national title and opportunity to advance my game to the next level. I am feeling really good about my decision."

Uhh, ok. I get Louisville, UConn, Memphis, XU and UC (albeit barely) for title and education. Just don't see title hopes at either Harvard or Miami.

Interesting.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." - The Stranger

He is going to the Durant game. Isn't Dez there also?
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by ballyhoohoo View Post
    He is going to the Durant game. Isn't Dez there also?
    Yep, I'm assuming it's the same Durant event.

Sophomore
    Davon Reed has annouced his final three; Wake, Miami, and Xavier. He plans on visiting the first weekend in October. If Patterson joins the team I wouldn't be shocked to see Davon Reed cancel his vist. Xavier is looking for a combo guard, wing, and a forward in the 2013 class. Patterson would take away that need for a wing.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Davon Reed - SG (Offered)

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    Davon Reed has annouced his final three; Wake, Miami, and Xavier. He plans on visiting the first weekend in October. If Patterson joins the team I wouldn't be shocked to see Davon Reed cancel his vist. Xavier is looking for a combo guard, wing, and a forward in the 2013 class. Patterson would take away that need for a wing.
    Patterson is a guard, a pure two guard. Not tall enough to be a wig in my opinion.
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

Sophomore
    Patterson is 6'3" with a 7' wingspan he will play the wing, and doesn't have the handle to play a ball handling position right now. His game is more forward/wing than guard, think a poor mans Bill Walker.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

http://www.givengobasketball.com/top...yer-davon-reed

Reed is visiting Wake on Friday, Miami on Sept 14th, and XU on Oct 4th.

Hope he likes what he sees at Xavier!