FIU Players Protest Thomas Firing

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-thomas-firing
    Kudos to them for standing up in what they believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Kudos to them for standing up in what they believe in.
    I guess. Thomas was doing a lousy, half-ass job there and richly deserved his fate.

The Basketball Hall of Fame player was 26-65 in his three seasons with the Panthers.
    Something weird is going on when players are that supportive of a coach with a 28% win rate.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I have a feeling that FIU had a country club atmosphere going on in their locker room if they were happy with an abysmal winning percentage. It does make you wonder why it took them a shorter time to realize their mistake as opposed to the New York Knicks when Thomas was running the show up there.

I don't give them any kudos for walking out. It wasn't just a basketball banquet, it was for FIU sports. It's also not like it's out of line to fire a coach who won 15 games in two seasons. I don't care what his name is or how good a player he was 30 years ago, he's a loser as a head coach just like he was a loser as an NBA GM. Not only did he lose, but he lost with some highly ranked players, so it's not like he just had no talent. The whole story is dumb. I don't care who it is, I wouldn't want any of those FIU players.

Junior
    What PMI said. Or, from another basketball forum I read:

He's so an egomaniac that he would never tell them NOT to do that, to show class and not upstage the banquet.
    Reportedly, Thomas said he never saw the firing coming. The guy lacks so much self-awareness, I'm not sure he sees anything when he looks in the mirror.