Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I would definitely take Butler in the A-10. They are a solid program with a good coach and a recognizable brand (thanks to their 2 Title Game runs). The conference could certainly do much worse than Butler.
    Eat Donuts!

Sophomore

Butler to A-10?

Andy Katz is reporting this morning that Butler has expressed interest in joining the A-10. Is this enough to replace Temple? I'd feel better about this if it was a few years ago but Butler is probably the best choice out there to replace Temple...right?

God I hope the Big East blows up.

I would guess that Butler is the best program out there that would want to join the A-10. While I doubt we'll ever see them in a final four ever again (of course I thought the same thing last year), they are a good program that plays in a large tv market.

Butler makes the most sense to me, and seems they would be the best fit to take the place of Temple.

I still hope the Big East implodes leaving the basketball only schools to become the new Atlantic 10.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Right, but until the Big East implodes we can't just read on our laurels, we have to bring new quality programs into the A10. Butler will replace Temple nicely. And Butler in for 2012, and temple out for 2013, timing is good.

How much will the Horizon want to buy Butler out of their conference. Can we afford it out of the money Temple is going to give?

So, thinking down the road, we next have to be thinking of who will nicely replace Charlotte and UMass if their football aspirations lead to a conference jump.

(Though, I also like the idea of "encouraging" Fordham to pursue conference opportunities elsewhere "And if you go quietly, we'll forget about the exit fee")
    - David Bowers ('95)

Sophomore
    Invite Seton Hall or DePaul.
    Last edited by _LH; 03-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.

If Butler comes, I'd like to play home-and-homes with them, Dayton, and SLU every year.

Butler would be an awesome addition to the A-10. It would just give us another annual rivalry game too, which as a fan, I love.

Seton Hall would be a pretty good choice, but I am not sure how they would fare in the A10. The only reason they can get any mediocre recruits as it is is because they have "Big East" painted on their floor. And most years, they still suck. Take that away, and I am not sure how they would fare.
    Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football and Xavier Basketball.........Doesn't get much better than that.

Here's the IndyStar article.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Honestly, nothing would piss Dayton fans off more than for Butler to replace them as our in conference rival.

I only have one thing to say if Butler joints the A-10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_X8ZZwcs4k

Make it happen!