Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    Yeah wide open but if we lose tonight we are in deep doodoo. St. Joes, Bonnies, or UMass will play in the finals. If we win even tonight then lose to SLU, and then SLU loses in the finals, we might not get in.
    Before this game I said win tonight and we are in. This UMass victory sure changes that.
    The UMess win changes nothing...other than maybe taking away one bubble spot. Only affects us if we would have been team #68.

I hope we take advantage of Temple losing. My heart is telling me we can do it, but my head is saying that we better hope SLU wins the tourney if we don't because otherwise, we're going to be sitting around late Sunday night wondering who we're playing in the NIT.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The UMess win changes nothing.
    So you think if we still win tonight and one of those 3 teams win it, we are in?

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    So you think if we still win tonight and one of those 3 teams win it, we are in?
    Yes...unless we were gonna be team #68.

Quote Originally Posted by xu 89 View Post
    we don't need umass winning this. either temple/slu/xu need to win the a10 tourney. no way committee takes 4 a10 teams
    I don't really buy that line of thinking. The committee will take the 68 teams they see fit, regardless of what conference they come from. In theory, if UMass beat Xavier in the finals, the A10 is getting four teams in, no two ways around it.

I've got SJU -1.5 in Game 2.
    Okay..I'm tailing you on this one.

The UMess win changes nothing...other than maybe taking away one bubble spot. Only affects us if we would have been team #68.
    I think that's exactly the problem. One of our fellow A10 teams could take our spot. SLU and Temple are in no matter what. We're not so lucky. If you factor in that some other conference could see an upset winner, that could hurt us too. We need to take care of business by winning this thing. We can't leave it to chance.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Yes, but I don't think we were gonna be #68 with a win tonight and a loss to SLU.

Looking for a Xavier/SJU final on Sunday now (admittedly I don't care that much who the opponent is so long as X is there).

I think Xavier is in and that we're not clinging as close to the bubble as people think. I will definitely be nervous if we lose tonight but we are not #68 by any means.

I am with go. If Umass wins it they are not going to throw Xavier out. I think Xavier is around 63 ish now so there would have to be a lot of teams win conference tourneys that would not be in otherwise. Umass winning would knock a team like Washington or Mississippi st. To the nit. Xavier is in pretty good shape right now especially with mike in the committee meetings. All things being equal committee member gets the benefit of doubt.