Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2012 SG Carlos Morris

Looks like X isn't after just Torian Graham at SG.

Carlos Morris

6-6 shooting guard. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Eat Donuts!

High Interest? Very nice.
    4 stars? Even better.
    Recruiting class? The best.

It would definitely be nice to add a highly rated SG with some length to this class. I would also take another good 4 or 5 man. I know we have Reynolds and Farr coming in but we need a front court, bad!
    Eat Donuts!

Although I really like Christon and Davis, this team need a long guard 6'4 or a bit bigger who has speed enough to defend the 1 or 2 and is a hard worker. I really don't care if the kid can score a ton.

With Dez and Semaj, you have some scoring punch there. What this team will need is some size by position. When XU was successful they might have had some size issues at 1 or 2 positions but it had enough size on the court to play defense. We also had enough hard workers to make up for lack of talent.

The fact that they are still recruiting a SG makes me believe Lyons or Martin won't be back next year. I think Brad will be back, his knee has not seemed to bother him recently.

6'6 175lbs is awfully thin. The kid may be a stud don't get me wrong, but he'll need to pack on some serious mass. I'm 5'11 170 and most people think I'm a stick...
    AMDG

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyxu View Post
    6'6 175lbs is awfully thin. The kid may be a stud don't get me wrong, but he'll need to pack on some serious mass. I'm 5'11 170 and most people think I'm a stick...
    Putney or whatever the heck his name is from UMASS is 6'8" 110 lbs and he didn't have any problem blocking 4 shots or scoring 20 points a week back.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Putney or whatever the heck his name is from UMASS is 6'8" 110 lbs and he didn't have any problem blocking 4 shots or scoring 20 points a week back.
    Man could you imagine christon at 6'2, dez at 6'5 and this guy at 6'6 as our guards?? I am salivating over it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Man could you imagine christon at 6'2, dez at 6'5 and this guy at 6'6 as our guards?? I am salivating over it right now.
    I like the length but if none of them can play defense it won't mean a hill of beans. Dez really needs to focus on his defense and rebounding this off season. The great Xavier teams of recent past all had a great defenders (Cage, Burrell). Mack needs to get someone to buy in and be that defensive stopper.