Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sophomore
    Because Jakarr no longer has academic issues that are holding the BIG Time schools from coming at him, and he is at Brewster killing it.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Assuming two more spots open up (maybe a transfer, maybe a player doesn't return for a 5th year, whatever...), I would still love to see Jakarr Sampson on this team. Granted, we have Dez who can play the 3, but I think he's very capable of moving to SG and, by the time his X career is over, I think that's going to be the best spot for him. Here's a possible rotation if we landed Sampson or another SF:

PG: Davis, Christon, Davis
    SG: Redford, Davis, Wells
    SF: Wells, Sampson, Martin
    PF: Martin, Taylor, Reynolds, Farr
    C: Robinson, McKenzie, Reynolds

I'm sticking Martin at PF simply because I don't want to put a frosh starting there and I don't think Taylor has shown he can start at the 4 yet. If you look at that projection you can figure out who I don't think will return. If any of the above decide to leave, it would leave the door open for another recruit, possibly a PF or C.
    Don't forget Phillmore.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Don't forget Phillmore.
    My bad...add Millard to the list. In fact, I think he's the starter at PF next season (which is why I can't believe I forgot him). Despite the limited output from Taylor and Walker this season, I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play.
    Last edited by Xman95; 02-12-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Another possible guy out of 2012 class (although he might go prep school route) would be SG Carlos Morris.

http://xavier.scout.com/a.z?s=442&p=8&c=1&nid=5547866

Scout has updated his page with St. John's and Xavier being the two remaining schools vying for him. I don't know much about this guy or our recruitment of him, if anyone knows more please fill us in.

This guy is 6'6" 175, just outside of Scout's top 100.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    Another possible guy out of 2012 class (although he might go prep school route) would be SG Carlos Morris.

http://xavier.scout.com/a.z?s=442&p=8&c=1&nid=5547866

Scout has updated his page with St. John's and Xavier being the two remaining schools vying for him. I don't know much about this guy or our recruitment of him, if anyone knows more please fill us in.

This guy is 6'6" 175, just outside of Scout's top 100.
    This is a guy that was talked about a few months ago, but I think this ship has sailed.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

The only other school he has high interest is St. Johns. Would seem like a slam dunk for Red Storm. Since he is still in play seems to indicate it is not.

Interesting, SC low interest may be the winner in this one.

I love the NO INTEREST for uc.

Both Seton Hall and Providence have not offered, he has no interest and does not plan a visit. Why are they listed at all? The might as well show another 300+ schools in this category.

I have stopped following his recruitment, but I'm sure he's got other schools of interest other than us and St. John's. The scouting sites do not exactly rigorously update those pages, and even when they do they don't bat 1.000 when it comes to schools of interest. Hell, that stuff is way too fluid to be able to be too accurate.