Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Is Dedrick Finn running this team right now?

Seriously. Tu Holloway has been the least effective senior leader we've had since Dedrick.

Cage, Doellman, Duncan, Burrell, Dante, BJ. You could argue Brown was a senior.

When you are a senior at XU, you lead. PERIOD.
    Wait, you thought Dante was a leader? We had the same discussion and everyone thought Dante wasn't doing his job like past seniors. Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    First of all Tu should never have been suspended? Tell me why he was suspended? He never received a technical or threw a punch. His psyche has been messed with and I'm sure at 22 most people take time overcome that. You should see some of the comments from people on Yahoo or ESPN (Racist and uncalled for). Heck look at Labron James, the guy can't overcome being called a choke artist. Mack's not the same guy he was either and he's 42. They are under the impression they have ruined X's reputation and some of our wuss alum have made it worse.
    I hope Tu come's around and gives everybody a big old shit burger (in the words of Lou Brown).
    I agree that Tu should not have been suspended after the UC game. He did something that players do in every game. Just because UC players reacted in a different manner than most teams doesn't mean Tu should have been penalized. But it was part of the "paint a good image" campaign by the university in the overreaction to one incident. Why didn't they just sit back and tell the media to look at XU's entire body of work over the years? It would have been pretty obvious that this was a one-time thing and just the result of things getting too heated on that particular day. There should have been no need to bow down to the media that wanted to portray the incident as more than it really was.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    I agree that Tu should not have been suspended after the UC game. He did something that players do in every game. Just because UC players reacted in a different manner than most teams doesn't mean Tu should have been penalized. But it was part of the "paint a good image" campaign by the university in the overreaction to one incident. Why didn't they just sit back and tell the media to look at XU's entire body of work over the years? It would have been pretty obvious that this was a one-time thing and just the result of things getting too heated on that particular day. There should have been no need to bow down to the media that wanted to portray the incident as more than it really was.
    This

Supporting Member
    Why should Tu be suspended/

1. Becausu he instigated the fight. kind of like a guy yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. he's guilty.

2. becasue he portrayed the university in a terrible light, not demonstrating the principals he's been taught for 3.5 years.

Other than that, he did nothing.
    This is some seriously demented shit. Please find another school to support.

Quote Originally Posted by TUclutch View Post
    You are the exact xavier fan I wish would stay away and not go to games. He did not instigate the fight. Trash talk shouldnt be considered starting a fight. The first contact was made by the UC guy shoving Tu in the face. If you do want to argue that trash talk is instigating it, Tu still wasnt first. Kilpatrick was. Regardless, Tu did nothing that was worthy of a suspension. Trash talking isnt bad. its a part of sports at every level. I talked shit all the way from knothole baseball up to high school sports before I stopped playing because of injury. Its a part of sports and always will be. Get off your high horse
    I agree that trash talking is now prevalent in sports, but for me, it's a part of sports that I hate; especially if it's allowed to exist at the youth level. I've never quite gotten the point of it. It seems almost cowardly to me. I always go back to Coach Carter (mediocre movie by the way), "When did it become that winning is not enough ?" Otherwise, I agree with everything you posted, especially bringing up Kilpatrick. If trash talking = suspension, then why wasn't Kilpatrick suspended ? I guess it's OK to trash talk behind someone's back as opposed to directly to their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Isn't MHettel the same guy who once argued we should leave the A-10 and be an independant?
    I forgot about that. Thanks for the chuckle.

I think he was also the same guy who insisted on taking walks when playing softball.

I thought Tu's suspension was a result of the post game media session and not his on the court actions?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
    I thought Tu's suspension was a result of the post game media session and not his on the court actions?
    Could be, or maybe a combination of both. If it was for the press conference, that's more ludicrous than his on-court behavior. He said nothing wrong.

People really need to actually listen to the whole press conference (it's right out there on YouTube) instead of just select excerpts that the media wants to trump up. I've listened to it over a dozen times and cannot find anything wrong or offensive about anything Tu or Cheeks said.

Why should Tu be suspended/

1. Becausu he instigated the fight. kind of like a guy yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. he's guilty.

2. becasue he portrayed the university in a terrible light, not demonstrating the principals he's been taught for 3.5 years.

Other than that, he did nothing.
    Did they teach him about interest too?
    ... We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm

I must be in the minority about Tu's suspension. I thought it was warranted.

I guess only the head coach, athletic director and university president agree with me. But those guys dont matter....

Supporting Member
    I must be in the minority about Tu's suspension. I thought it was warranted.

I guess only the head coach, athletic director and university president agree with me. But those guys dont matter....
    You don't necessarily know that they agree with you. Leaders of all organizations often times takes actions they do not agree with but do so out of political correctness or to appease the masses (the only exception being the leaders of Augusta National).