Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

What is the Worst Movie Ever??

I just watched what has to be the worst movie of all time.....

The Star Wars Christmas Special.

I'd heard of it before, but didn't think it was real. I just thought it fell into the category of "Kiss Saves Santa" (Family Guy), something that is often referenced, but not actually a real production. I have a younger cousin that is a huge Star Wars nut, and he knew all about it, but hadn't seen it. I have another friend that I knew while at Xavier that is equally as big a Star Wars nut, and he knew how to get it. It seemed like the perfect Christmas present for my cousin....until we decided to watch it.

I'm not a Star Wars nut, but I did like the movies. This COMPLETELY ruined it. It was so bad and so stupid that I can't even describe it. Every now and then you get a movie that is really bad, but at the same time is inadvertantly entertaining. (Cocktail, Rock and Roll High School, Top Gun, Anything with Chuck Norris, etc). That's what I was hoping for with this, but it was so bad it didn't even achieve that status.

Legend has it that it only aired once, and during the show George Lucas actually attempted to get CBS to pull it off the air before it was over because he saw how horrible it was. I don't know if that's true or not, but it would not surprise me. I got it for free, and I still feel like I paid too much and got ripped off. The commercials were interesting (I guess he recorded it and kept the commercials). I'm not kidding. Seeing 35 year old commercials was the only thing remotely redeeming about it.

It was so bad that I felt compelled to come on here and post about it. It's the worst Star Wars movie ever, the worst Christmas movie ever, and the worst MOVIE movie ever.
    Last edited by xubrew; 12-29-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    Hudson Hawk.

Titanic

College Road Trip w/ Raven Symone. Daughter dragged me to it in the theater.

Pure torture.
    Zip'em Up!

Brian's Song.

What wait was the question again?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Back to the Star Wars show.

I saw it once also. On regular TV that only time it aired. I was a kid and was so psyched that some Star Wars stuff was going to be on TV. I just did not understand. It wasnt star wars at all, it was absolute garbage.

I remember bits and pieces of it after all these years, and just recently heard about it's cult status. I still remember it.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Wicker Man
    Live Action

Random Hearts, The Mask, that movie where Madonna walked around singing in Argentian or Portugese or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Titanic
    Titantic started off pretty solid. I was really enjoying it until some old woman came on the research boat and startled rambling on. Completely ruined the documentary I thought they were making.

Waterworld or for you folks from the 1960's Plan 9 from Outer Space.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell