Thread: Khem Birch

Khem Birch

Don't think we will get him, but love being on the list.

He said that several schools have expressed interest thus far. His early list includes Florida, UNLV, Gonzaga, Washington, Xavier and New Mexico State.

http://college-basketball-blog.blogs...83066/34080108
    - Bob Sacamano

I was just about to start a topic on this. Anyone know how he was playing at Pitt before he left?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by nkymuskie View Post
    I was just about to start a topic on this. Anyone know how he was playing at Pitt before he left?
    15 mpg, 4.4 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.9 bpg. Pitt fans seemed to have been pretty happy with his ability. I have heard (mostly rumors from message boards) that he is leaving for reasons ranging from homesickness to Coach Skerry left and he didn't feel comfortable at Pitt to he couldn't handle the practices to handlers want $$ and Pitt wouldn't give them what they wanted.

Who knows but he would absolutely be a phenomenal pick up. Rivals ranked him #9 in the class and Scuot ranked him #15.

sum bitch
    let's get khem birch
    2023 Sweet 16

Junior
    He should come to the game Saturday. He would get to see two of the teams on his list.
    zip em up

I would really like to get Birch, though he didn't show huge numbers at Pitt, he is a animal on videos I've seen. It would be nice to get another big man to replace the voids we are leaving after this year.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/01/01/k...ts/#more-64315

Former Pittsburgh forward Khem Birch has three visits planned this week.

“This week he’s going to go to Florida (Tuesday), New Mexico State (Wednesday) and UNLV (Friday) and he may go visit another maybe one or two,” his mother, Wendy Sparks, told SNY.tv by phone.

“We’re not sure which ones he’s going to go visit. He has to decide soon because he wants to be back in school by mid-January.”
    The 6-foot-9, 220-pound Birch recently told CBSSports.com he will transfer to Florida, UNLV, Gonzaga, Washington, Xavier or New Mexico State.
    I may be reading too much into this but it doesn't look good for X if he hasn't set a date to visit while he has for three other schools.

Khem is announcing his decision today. It looks like it is between UNLV and Florida.

Sophomore
    Word is UNLV is going to be the call.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Katz just reported it's UNLV
    Zip'em Up!