Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Gonzaga fans not happy with length of X suspensions

At least on this board anyways...

http://www.guboards.com/showthread.php?t=37039

My personal favorites were comparing Saturday to the events at penn state and fearing for their players' safety to the point of thinking state troopers should be at their bench.
    Last edited by golfitup; 12-14-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Now that's some serious overreaction.

State Troopers! That's classic. Really. Maybe they should give all of their players panic buttons too in case an X player gets too close and the poor wittle defenseless Gonzaga player gets scared.

If you don't want to play us, there's a word for that. It's called - forfeit. We'll take it. A win is a win.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

I feel like everyone is losing their minds. I just can't understand why so many college basketball fans are freaking out about the events last weekend.

I keep on coming back to the same word, race.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 12-14-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

They don't understand the rivalry. Let me help for those in the unknown: It's not so much a rivalry as a blood feud.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    I feel like everyone is losing their minds. I just can't understand why so many college basketball fans are freaking out about the events last weekend.

I keep on coming back to the same word, race.
    Sadly I agree with you, Guy. I don't want to, but if a fellow Jesuit school's fans can't understand that while it was a bad moment, it doesn't represent the University or our fan base as a whole. It's dancing around the race issue without being too overt.

I just want this to be done.
    "The kid tried to jump with me and that was his first mistake."- postgame interview with Jamel McLean after defeating Wisconsin 60-49

Sophomore
    Its really tricky to come out and say it due to how you will get jumped on, but this thing is so race driven it is scary.
    2011-2012. KICK DOWN THE FUKING DOOR!

Supporting Member
    Adam Morrison never trash talked...........
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

I love how they think all the schools that have Xavier scheduled this year should call Bobo and inform him that their not going to play because their worried we might physically beat them up.

Heres one Quote on that:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps Gonzaga University should respectfully inform both Xavier and the NCAA that they are removing that game from this seasons schedule. There is too much danger to OUR student athletes to allow them to participate.
    Seems that the the Zags might be given a forfeit, but the ensuing outcry from the media and other coaches at other schools would hopefully cause that to be reversed.
    When X was scheduled, it was with the understanding that it was for a basketball game. I, for one, having listened to the press conference afterward, don't believe that the Xavier players are capable of self restraint.

I mean... I'm not sure I have words for all this.... They're either making jokes or they're just really, really, really stupid.
    DIG IT!