Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11-29 Games

Quote Originally Posted by X-Fan View Post
    And with a minute left in the O$U blowout of Duke J.D. Weatherspoon gets in the game. Gotta think he'd be getting more playing time at X, and could have contributed (assuming Sister Rose would have kept his grades in check) last year.
    Why would he contribute at X? He is not very good.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Wow great D only to give up a crazy shot at the end of the shot clock. Damn
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

This Anthony Ireland guy is not missing anything down the stretch.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

What the hell was Athletic Shoe doing there??

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Really confused why SLU would even schedule this game after just playing 3 games in 4 days, now 4 games in 6 days and on the road.
    Not sure. I'm wondering if Majerus wouldnt have done it if he had known they would win the 76 classic. SLU seems very tired. Its frustrating.

Frustrating to see SLU enter the Top 25 to now lose and get knocked out. Overall though still a successful west coast trip for the Billikens. There are a lot more wins to come but they just looked burnt out in this one.

Junior
    SLU's famed consistency shines again. >.<

Then again, I'm glad to see some of their weaknesses show up too.

Disappointed with the result, but not all that surprised.

First road game of the season, at a time when the program has just been ranked for the first time in God knows how many years, just a couple days removed from a grueling tournament 3,000 miles away from home.

SLU will learn from this and get better. They've shown how much potential they have this season, and will still be dangerous in conference play.
    AMDG

Bummer SLU is right back out of the top 25 after cracking it for the first time in years. Typical A10 (save X.)

As for Weatherspoon, I'm so happy he de-committed from Xavier. He is not a good player. Great athlete, not a basketball player. He wouldn't see more minutes than McKenzie here.

Junior
    Top-100 recruits always pan out, no matter what, regardless of in-game performance (or bench time) might tell us!

And flashes of brilliance are always a player's true talent level, just waiting to come out.