Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I think he's Ohio State's to lose.

Sophomore
    He would be a great get no doubt. I will take Donnie Hale if we can not get Payne.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    Do you think losing Groce will hurt OSU?

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post

OSU already has commitments from Sullinger and Thomas and those guys are 5 star forwards also. I think even Thad would have a tough time convincing Payne that the minutes are there. I think UD actually has a pretty good chance to land him based on Staten and Wright being there and he plays with those guys all summer.

Banned
    I can't believe how UD's recruiting has improved based on nothing. They should have never had a chance at Staten or Wright. Now talk of Payne? That's just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Horshack View Post
    I can't believe how UD's recruiting has improved based on nothing. They should have never had a chance at Staten or Wright. Now talk of Payne? That's just crazy.
    They still suck at recruiting. If Wright and Staten weren't from Dayton they would have NO SHOT at them. They just got a couple of local kids to stay home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A10fan View Post
    They still suck at recruiting. If Wright and Staten weren't from Dayton they would have NO SHOT at them. They just got a couple of local kids to stay home.
    Well, if they get any more local kids like Payne to stay home, they could be dangerous. The Dayton area seems to be producing a lot of talent. If they begin to dominate that recruiting zone, they could have a good team. We need to keep plucking the Sato's and Brown's out of there, but we seem focused on New York. I sure hope things pan out for us in these remote recruiting areas. We seem to be staking a lot on them.
    Last edited by Arnold Horshack; 06-28-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Dayton is focusing on great lakes region as a whole. Searcy, Williams, Fabreeze, Thomas, and the Ohio players.

Sometimes recruiting is about luck more than anything else. Xavier never gets David West if he's two inches taller. Same with Jameer Nelson and SJU. If Patterson chooses Florida over UK, Freese probably goes to UK. If we can grab three top 100 talents simply because of where they were born, so be it. Don't ask questions.

More than anything, though, we're seeing the trickle down effect from the one year in college rule. Payne never thinks about the A10 level if there's 10 fewer kids entering college. Probably the same with Wright and Frease. It's good for us, and good for the game.
    Last edited by AdamtheFlyer; 06-28-2008 at 09:46 PM.

Recruiting is all about luck, I agree. But kids should still be smart enough to pass on UD, IMHO.

Frease was already signed at XU when Patterson committed to UK.

Good try, though, UD fan.