Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "JoePa"

Junior
    3 words: "Success with Honor"
    1 word: "Hypocrisy"

Everybody has to go, and when they're gone, others should keep going for good measure.

You know who has to be completely horrified? Sandusky's wife. I pray for her - and for him, he needs it. Everyone needs it right now. Especially, dear God, the victims.

The mention of football surrounding these circumstances makes me sick. "Go Penn State!" Get a grip people.
    76-53. It's history not footnoted. - wkrq59

Quote Originally Posted by pizza delivery View Post
    You know who has to be completely horrified? Sandusky's wife.
    It is extraordinarily difficult for me to believe that she lived with the man for decades while he molested dozens of victims and didn't at least have suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    It is extraordinarily difficult for me to believe that she lived with the man for decades while he molested dozens of victims and didn't at least have suspicions.
    Yeah, especially since, I think, there had been accusations in 1998 or 1999, which he beat somehow - I'm not sure the whole story. Maybe she went on believing it wasn't true, but damn, he had kids with him quite often, but mostly alone according to the accusations.
    76-53. It's history not footnoted. - wkrq59

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Well, he certainly had a lot of years to make this have a different outcome. No sympathy. He should be living every day in shame, thinking about how he failed so many.
    You may be right. However, have you heard Paterno's side of the story yet?

I have read article after article condemning the guy. But I still haven't heard his version. And neither has anyone else to my knowledge.

people who let sport allegiances drive their moral compass and social value live a sad existence. Some fans fail to see flaws. and those who live through there sports teams are truly lacking, be it personal relationships, hobbies, or well rounded lives. sports are just a game and when we idolize someone for athletic skill and not humane qualities we are doomed through our idols
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning

This is just the tip of the iceberg

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
    This is a deadly serious matter. Keep the victims in your thoughts. Cannot emphasize that enough. In your thoughts.
    9 hours ago
    SPORTSbyBROOKS
    If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.
    9 hours ago
    SPORTSbyBROOKS
    I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday
    Live Action

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    This is just the tip of the iceberg

This is a deadly serious matter. Keep the victims in your thoughts. Cannot emphasize that enough. In your thoughts.
    9 hours ago
    SPORTSbyBROOKS
    If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.
    9 hours ago
    SPORTSbyBROOKS
    I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday
    Perhaps this?

SHOCKING PENN STATE RUMOR: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry...donors-2011-11

Keep in mind this is a rumor. But Mark Madden has more long term knowledge than most (see link in the article). I'm going to be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    I've listened to plenty enough Dr. Drew to learn that someone who marries someone who is an egregious child molester like Sandusky is no doubt flawed themselves in someway in order to be attracted to them and that they were probably victimized themselves when they were younger. As far as Sandusky needing help himself, it is far too late. He just needs to be removed from society.

Child molestation is a terrible and strange cycle. It's terrible because when someone's wires are crossed at a yonug age due to child molestation, it is VERY likely that they'll do the same thing to children when they're older. It's a strange thing because when they are young and victimized it is terribly sad. But when they get older, they are the one's doing the victimizing.

Bad times.
    DIG IT!

Quote Originally Posted by An X Fan View Post
    Perhaps this?

SHOCKING PENN STATE RUMOR: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry...donors-2011-11

Keep in mind this is a rumor. But Mark Madden has more long term knowledge than most (see link in the article). I'm going to be sick.
    Oh geeeeezuz. Can we just kill this guy without a trial?

Everyone who said "this is going to get worse before it gets better" or something like that was sadly dead nuts on. Fuck.
    DIG IT!