View Poll Results: Who wins??

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • St Xavier, Jesus lovin, bible thumpin, scholar athletes

26 81.25%
  • Colerain, Jesus hatin, girl chasin, men of football

6 18.75%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Trinity's qb is also pretty mobile. Moeller made a ton of mistakes against St. Eds. I think Specht is a helluva good coach that will make adjustments, but I think Moeller will also make fewer mistakes than they did the first time against St. X. One thing Moeller has done quite a few times this year (against both St. X and Louisville St. X being the 2 games that stick out to me) is start to pull back on the reins a little too early. Moe's due for a regional final win. The last time they made it out of the region was my junior year when they lost in the state finals to the Mike Doss/Kenny Peterson/Josh McDaniel's little brother led Canton McKinley.

XU 87: I know X, the other GCL schools, and other football perennial powers both private and public, face challenges in scheduling.

But what teams/schools can you identify who will not play the Bombers ? Secondly, are you aware X generally refuses to play any team who declines to play at St X. Coach Specht has voiced repeatedly his view that prep football is made for Friday nights in high school settings. St X also prefers to play schools not just for football but in most other sports. Third, X stacks its football schedule very much purposefully, not because they cannot find other teams to play.

There are more than a few folks who believe X becomes worn down by playoff time because their schedule is so brutal. Elder thought they had a solid team this year and discovered playing great teams each week takes its toll. Moeller after starting with 7 straight wins started to dream about national number 1 ranking and proceeded to lose 3 including to a very mediocre Cathedral team. To borrow Coach Gillen's phrase, those kids are not robots.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

xnatic 03: Trinity runs a classic "pro style" passing game with basic drop back QB. Middies Jalin Marshal run all over Moeller and everybody else simply b/c he is that good, not b/c Moe has trouble with running QBs.

Moe has been very prone all season to turnovers which might cost them against X. Believing Moe is "due" to win the regional is tantamount to being due to win the lottery.

Since you are a Crusader, can you tip us all how their best play Madaris is from Mt Auburn, does not live with either parent for no reasonable basis but does reside w/ Moe alum/booster ? I am sure Mike Martin would have loved to see Madaris on Taft's team.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

I believe he's lived with the Stofkos since he was very young (like 8 or 9). It's not like he moved there as an 8th grader to get into Moeller.
    They made a great comeback and should have won the Cathedral game. The Moeller db mistimed his jump on the pass that went about 45 yards that set up Cathedral's game winning field goal.
    The one thing I've noticed about Rodenberg is that his teams tend not to be disciplined all the time. He seems to make good in game adjustments, but they have too many stupid penalties....which again, could bite them in the a-- this weekend. It should be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    But what teams/schools can you identify who will not play the Bombers ?
    Pretty much every team in the state other than the teams on their schedule. Lesser teams don't want to play X because they know they're going to lose and they lose Harbin points. X played McNick (at McNick's then home field) about 10 years ago and won by about 50. That game will never be played again.

"Secondly, are you aware X generally refuses to play any team who declines to play at St X." [/QUOTE]

That's not true. They play home and away with just about everyone on their schedule. X played Highlands about 3 years ago (and lost). There has been no return game. Everyone else on the schedule is usually home and away, unless it's a Herbstreit game or a Crosstown Showdown game at Nippert.

Princeton used to play X home and away back in the 90's. Princeton stopped playing the game. Anderson also played home and away in the mid 90's, but that game also is no longer played.
    Last edited by XU 87; 11-14-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Soooooooo, how about the IPFW game on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    xnatic 03: Trinity runs a classic "pro style" passing game with basic drop back QB. Middies Jalin Marshal run all over Moeller and everybody else simply b/c he is that good, not b/c Moe has trouble with running QBs.

Moe has been very prone all season to turnovers which might cost them against X. Believing Moe is "due" to win the regional is tantamount to being due to win the lottery.

Since you are a Crusader, can you tip us all how their best play Madaris is from Mt Auburn, does not live with either parent for no reasonable basis but does reside w/ Moe alum/booster ? I am sure Mike Martin would have loved to see Madaris on Taft's team.
    The Archdiocese changed the rules. There are no zones/districts. Any kid is free to go to the Catholic school of his choosing, which is why you will see billboards for MND and Moeller on Kellogg.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The Archdiocese changed the rules. There are no zones/districts. Any kid is free to go to the Catholic school of his choosing, which is why you will see billboards for MND and Moeller on Kellogg.
    Come on man, bringing facts into this makes his argument very weak. :D

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Pretty much every team in the state other than the teams on their schedule. Lesser teams don't want to play X because they know they're going to lose and they lose Harbin points. X played McNick (at McNick's then home field) about 10 years ago and won by about 50. That game will never be played again.
    You mean at Anderson High School? Or Turpin High School? Or at Madeira High School? Because McNick didn't have a home field until last year.
    Coach Mack, "My wife thinks I'm strange for drinking Capri Suns. I think its strange they don't make them bigger than 6oz."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieCinci View Post
    You mean at Anderson High School? Or Turpin High School? Or at Madeira High School? Because McNick didn't have a home field until last year.
    The game was at Turpin. I was there and St.X went up about 28 - 0 early in the game. By then St.X's 4th string was in (they typically dress about 100 kids) and McNick started to make a comeback. The McNick crowd and team started going nuts like they were in fact making a game of it. I don't think the St.X coaching staff appreciated McNick's response to their generosity (playing the 4th string) and they quickly put their 1st string back in and pounded them the rest of the way.