Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals

Bengals

I must say that the Bengals have been really entertaining to watch so far this season. While I fully realize they have played nobody thus far, their effort has been great. It's refreshing to not have any of the Palmer/Ochocinco/T.O./Houshmandzadeh drama anymore. The Bengals actually look like they have some nice young talent on the offensive side of the ball as well as on the D-Line. You gotta love the poise and LEADERSHIP that Dalton has shown early this season. I'll take that over Palmer and his gimpy quitter elbow any day. Green had a nice TD catch that for some reason the TV announcer could not get over the fact that it was in-bounds. It would have been nice to see Dalton get his first "winning drive" win, but all in all I'm not disgusted by the Bengals loss today - when is the last time anyone can say that?

Oh, and I really enjoyed the surprise guest appearance by Vern Lundquist that seem to last a whole quarter.

Looking forward to next week (on the radio).

I am looking forward to this season, something I would not have said three weeks ago. Dalton to Green could morph into a classic combo.

It's a game the Bengals should have won, but at the same time I'm not too pissed about it.

The good:

Dalton over 300 yards in his 2nd game and showed the poise of a vet.
    AJ Green made some incredible catches. Steve Buerlein is probably still whining about the TD.

The Bad:

Nate Clements was brutal today and I'm not sure what Chris Crocker was doing on that long TD.
    Run D not as stout as last week.
    And Marvin not calling for a 53 yard field goal in Denver is mind boggling. I'm sure he will say it was for field position. But cmon, 53 yards in Denver is about 43 yards anywhere else.

Still don't expect the Bengals to be playoff contenders, but they should be competitive in most games and it will be fun to watch Dalton and Green progress...well in the games that won't be blacked out anyway. Hope the young talented doesn't get "Bengalized" too quickly.

Don't do it.

The Bengals are like poison ivy. Scratching it just makes it worse.

You want to watch. You want to get excited. They have mastered the art at making people think there is a reason to be excited just like you feel you should scratch poision ivy, but it makes it worse.

Turn back. Turn back before it's too late.

Things did appear to be on the up-and-up for the Bengals....but then the lockout ended.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    And Marvin not calling for a 53 yard field goal in Denver is mind boggling. I'm sure he will say it was for field position. But cmon, 53 yards in Denver is about 43 yards anywhere else.

Hope the young talented doesn't get "Bengalized" too quickly.
    Was it really gonna be a 53 yarder? I thought it was going to be more like a 58 yarder (in which I'm ok with the decision to punt).

Gotta like the Bengals having no turnovers today.

Third downs on offense were killer today (the Bengals were something like 1 for 11 I think). A lot of those were 3rd and short too. They spent a lot of time and emphasis on the 3rd and short yardage situations this pre-season, and it looks like they still have a ways to go.

I have the same worry too - that the young talent will get Bengalized too soon.

I fully realize that when the Bengals play better teams (Shittsburgh, Baltimore, etc.) we will get pummeled and Dalton will look like a rookie and throw a ton of picks, but it's been fun so far. Maybe it's just because my expectations are so low.

I'm no football genius, but can anybody tell me how Clint Boling is doing at the guard position so far? Does he have a chance to stay in the starting line-up even when Bobbie Williams comes back?

Oh, and xubrew, there is no way in hell I will give the Bengals any of my money this year. I'm strictly a fan from a distance this year. No tickets, no merchandise, no nothing. Just watching on tv (and listening on radio for 8 games). Until Mikey dies (cause I know he won't change), his family won't get any more money from me.
    Last edited by XUOWNSUC; 09-18-2011 at 07:42 PM.

i love watching this team....i love dalton and aj.....love simpson too even if he dropped that 3rd down pass

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    Was it really gonna be a 53 yarder? I thought it was going to be more like a 58 yarder (in which I'm ok with the decision to punt).

Gotta like the Bengals having no turnovers today.

Third downs on offense were killer today (the Bengals were something like 1 for 11 I think). A lot of those were 3rd and short too. They spent a lot of time and emphasis on the 3rd and short yardage situations this pre-season, and it looks like they still have a ways to go.

I have the same worry too - that the young talent will get Bengalized too soon.

I fully realize that when the Bengals play better teams (Shittsburgh, Baltimore, etc.) we will get pummeled and Dalton will look like a rookie and throw a ton of picks, but it's been fun so far. Maybe it's just because my expectations are so low.

I'm no football genius, but can anybody tell me how Clint Boling is doing at the guard position so far? Does he have a chance to stay in the starting line-up even when Bobbie Williams comes back?

Oh, and xubrew, there is no way in hell I will give the Bengals any of my money this year. I'm strictly a fan from a distance this year. No tickets, no merchandise, no nothing. Just watching on tv (and listening on radio for 8 games). Until Mikey dies (cause I know he won't change), his family won't get any more money from me.
    Bengals were in Denver territory twice on 4th down and didn't go for the field goal, one would have been a 57 yarder (which I'm fine with passing on) and the other was 53 yards.

Bolling had a holding penalty today, but overall has been ok.

Agreed with everything else you said.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    i love watching this team....i love dalton and aj.....love simpson too even if he dropped that 3rd down pass
    Simpson had a good game other than that drop, which unfortunately was a crucial drop.

I'm just wondering why Brian Leonard wasn't on the field in those third and short situations. That guy has been magic in those situations for two years and all of the sudden, they won't even let him on the field.

Sophomore
    No doubt the new offensive coordinator is an upgrade compared to the last one.