Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bengals

I don't see 10-6. Lately, this team has been playing like a team that will be in the mix next year, but the injuries are really starting to take their toll. If we don't have another game like the 2nd Pittsburgh game, I'll be happy. It's not quite time to throw in the towel, but it's close.

I will be more pissed if Oakland makes the playoffs than if the Bengals miss.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Dunlap's injury was huge. I think the Bengals would have won last week if he played. That guy was starting to get really hot before he hurt his hamstring.

I don't think the Bengals make the playoffs this year. I think they will win 2 out of the last 3 games. Jets will get the final wild card spot.

Well that was quick. Titans lost, and the Jets are currently down 28-0 to the Eggles. If the latter result holds the Bengals and the Jets will be tied at 8-6 with the Jets holding the tiebreaker for better conference record (I believe).

Still alive!
    "He's just saying that because he loses every year. If I got my butt kicked, I'd say the same thing."

The results today are certainly the best case scenario; however, if the Bengals do not get more creative / better on 3rd or 4th and short yardage, I don't think it will matter much what other teams do...
    Hands down, man's down.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    The results today are certainly the best case scenario; however, if the Bengals do not get more creative / better on 3rd or 4th and short yardage, I don't think it will matter much what other teams do...
    This.

Green is a freaking stud. It seems like we could easily build a top tier offense around Dalton-Benson/Scott-Green-Gresham. Simpson is getting a little more consistent. If Shipley comes back next year anywhere close to what he was in terms of an over-the-middle possession receiver, we have plenty of options on offense.

We need to add some depth on defense. Other than that, there is no reason this team won't be in the playoff hunt again next year.

If we can slip into the playoffs this year, we will be in the rare position of being a 3rd place team in the playoffs, which should result in a reasonable schedule next year going up against some very mediocre 3rd place teams.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I will be more pissed if Oakland makes the playoffs than if the Bengals miss.
    Watching Detroit take the lead in the last minute then watching Palmer take a sack with 18 seconds left on the edge of Janikowski's range made me just as happy as the Bengals win yesterday. Oakland is now 3-5 with Palmer in the game. Bwah hahahahaha.

I want a picture of Palmer sitting on his couch watching Dalton take a snap in a playoff game.
    -Matt McCormick

I praise the Bengals for still being in the hunt. I actually think that win or lose they will still be in the hunt next week. Winning obviously is better. I want to have a winning season.

I would love to see the Rookie in the playoffs, just for the fun of it and the experience.

This is Dalton's team. We don't suck because of him. We could still make it. A win on Sunday would be a great thing for us. I want a winning season. I am also Captain of the Obvious.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

A win on Sunday makes the Baltimore New Year's eve game huge. Might be the second Bengals home game this year to end up on local tv, which is nice.