• 10-4

17 13.60%
  • 9-5

3 2.40%
  • 8-6

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC Record

If we won't win the tourney in Hawaii it would be a total failure. We are by far the best team in that tournament. Anything more then 3 losses heading into conference play would be disappointing imo.

I think we'll end up 10-4 out of conference. We have unquestionably more depth and talent this year than last, but - as D&V pointed out - more, better players brings problematic adjustments when you can only put five guys on the floor at a time. We've got a lot of flexibility at the 1-3 positions, but the wrong combination of injuries and foul trouble could really hurt us in the front line if things break badly. Coach Mack has a couple of slow starts under his belt, but I'm confident the team will use those games to get sorted and in good position come March.
    Joel
    Banners on the Parkway - XU on SBN (Formerly Xavier Examiner)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I think we'll end up 10-4 out of conference. We have unquestionably more depth and talent this year than last, but - as D&V pointed out - more, better players brings problematic adjustments when you can only put five guys on the floor at a time. We've got a lot of flexibility at the 1-3 positions, but the wrong combination of injuries and foul trouble could really hurt us in the front line if things break badly. Coach Mack has a couple of slow starts under his belt, but I'm confident the team will use those games to get sorted and in good position come March.
    Yeah there are some new guys, but Tu, Lyons and Frease can put up 40-50 points between them. All the other guys need to do is take care of the other 20-30 points between them and play solid defense.

No worries mate!

I'm going with 10-4. There are some really, really tough games on this schedule, and for a team to get up for every one will be difficult. I would not be pissed at all with 10-4, and happy as hell if we do better. Less than 10-4 means we lost to someone we shouldn't lose to, like UC at home.

I also went with 10 - 4. This is just such a damn tough schedule.
    Balls of Steele!!

Sophomore
    I also think we will be 10-4 OOC. I think we will probably lose 1 game in Hawaii, two away games, and one at home. Any worse than that will be a big disapoiuntment; any better won't surprise me. I think we will win 1 of 3 against Butler, Vandy and Memphis. I expect Butler to be that victory. Memphis is super talented and Vandy is very seasoned.

Joel, I have to disagree with you on our front court strength. I think, with Kenny, Robinson. Taylor, Walker and McKenzie, we are rock solid at the 4 & 5 spots. We could be a little small up front when Kenny is not in the game, But Robinson and Taylor are super athletic and McKenzie is 6'9", 240lbs, and Walker, though only 6'7", weighs 230lbs. And remember, Keny and Walker are seniors, and Mckenzie, Robinson and Taylor are juniors. That is a lot of experience.
    My concern is more with depth at the 2. I have a lot of confidence in Mark Lyons, but who is his back up? Dez Wells is listed as a G/F on the roster, and I think he could be an excellent 2, but Mack usually won't play a true freshman in more than one position. The same goes for Dee. I think he will be a very good PG, but the 2 position is another subject. Tu can play either the 1 0r the 2, but I look for most, if not all of his minutes to be at the point. Redford is a natural 2, but he is small and slow, and pretty much a one trick pony with rust. Concerning the 3, we have two question marks. Granted both Martin and Wells come highly touted, but neither has played a single minute of D1 ball.

Having said all that, I think we will be fine at all positions this year and the only question is how long it will take for the team to gel.

Oh, one more thing; our seeding in the NCAA Trny is VERY important. Granted, you still have to beat everyone you play, but who you play and where you play are of utmost importance. Yes you have to be playing well, and that is the most imortant thing, but don't underestimate the importance of a high seed.

GO MUSKIES!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." Goethe

I think we are solid at the 4 &5 as well.

Kenny, a senior. Walker a 5th year senior. Taylor a 4th year junior. Robinson a junior who played 17 min a game last season and McKenzie a sophomore.

That is a lot of experience.
    Balls of Steele!!

Sophomore
    That's right, McKenzie is only a sophomore. I don't know why I said he was a junior. Just a senior moment, I guess. :p

Thanks for straightening me out MADXSTER. You're right, though, that is still a lot of experience. Good size, good athleticism, good experience...What's not to like abut that!

GO MUSKIES!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." Goethe

Banned
    I agree with sixfig. As the front court goes, I don't think we r that thin. Travis should be great and walker looked like a great addition. Justin could see some forward time this yr as will along with J-rob. Dez will soon fit into the 3 even tho sat night he didn't look like he did in musky maddnees but he will come along quick I think. With first 4 games that should be wins will help there confidence and first real test is at home helps. I see them at 12-2 but not being such a fan maybe 11-3. We have started slow in past but we also didn't have 3 key players come back. Last time that happened was with BJ lavender and CJ!!!

Banned
    I don't see us getting an L at home. If so it will happen in first month with X falling asleep. Yes Georgia purdue gonzaga and cincinnati will be tough but those r statement games and cintas will be rocking. We will try extra hard against uc and the zags because of what they did at there stadium last yr! X has a great home record and it will be tested this yr. I believe by Dec we will start to Gel. I think we will spilt between Memphis and vandy. We will steal one for say. We should be favorites in Hawaii tourney with a possible rematch against kstate. I know I am asking for alot but I believe this team has that kind of potential. Yes there will be many early nail crunching games and screaming at TV but that's to be expected with great competition.